What is Transient Limiter
This page covers function of Transient Limiter. It mentions specifications of Transient Limiter from Keysight Technologies.
Following are the functions of Transient Limiter:
• As the name suggests it blocks the high frequency transients.
• It is used along with LISN (Line Impedance Stabilization Network) and EMC analyzer. The purpose heer is to protect EMC analyzer from large transients. This is due to the fact that when EUT (Equipment Under test) generates spikes when it is powered ON and OFF.
• It basically acts as filter and attenuator.
specifications of Transient Limiter from Keysight
The model 11947A from Keysight is a transient limiter. Following are the specifications of it.
• It has capability to sustain 10Kwatt for 10 µSec.
• It has frequency range support from 9KHz to 200MHz.
• Insertion loss of 10dB
• It supports max. input power level of 2.5 Watt (continuous).