what is xG wireless technology | advantages of xG technology
This page covers xG wireless technology basics with features. It mentions benefits or advantages of xG technology.
About xG Technology Inc. :
The company has been developing next generation wireless equipments since 12 years. It is NASDAQ listed company with headquartered in Sarasota, FL, USA. The company has products which include wireless VOIP, SON, interference mitigation and avoidance etc.
The XMAX is one of the wireless system developed by xG technology Inc.
As shown in the figure, there are three main parts of the system viz.
network side equipment (Access Point), user side equipment (xMod mobile hotspot) and xMSC network core.
The mobile hotspot device provides connectivity with mobile, tablet, laptop etc.
The network core provides connectivity between cognitive radio network and internet cloud.
The SMS servers are also interfaced at the network core site. Following are the features of the system.
• It is cognitive radio based private fixed and mobile wireless broadband system.
• It is used for secured and reliable transportation of data, voice and video.
• The system is spectrum agnostic and hence operates in any frequency bands.
• It is interoperable with existing wireless technologies such as GSM, CDMA, LTE etc.
• The system is all IP (Internet Protocol) based system.
Benefits or Advantages of xG wireless technology
Following are the benefits of xG wireless technology:
• Data rate is 1000 times higher compare to 5G wireless system.
• Latency is in sub 10 ms range, which fulfills demands of high capacity cellular systems.
• Reliability is better compare to previous systems.
• The network is self organizing, self planning and self optimizing.
• The system is frequency agile i.e. can be used in both licensed and unlicensed bands.
• Supports long range
• Provides full mobility environment
• It provides high immunity against interference.
• High speed handoff is possible.
WSN-Wireless Sensor Network and Ad Hoc Network related links
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
Difference between OFDM and OFDMA
Difference between CDMA and GSM
Difference between Bluetooth and zigbee
Difference between Fixed wimax and mobile