Difference between UL Class 1 Driver and UL Class 2 Driver
This page compares UL Class 1 Driver vs UL Class 2 Driver and describes difference between LED driver class types viz. UL Class 1 Driver and UL Class 2 Driver.
Following factors are considered while selecting LED driver for use.
➨Type of LED driver i.e. constant current or constant voltage
➨Power Factor (between 0 and 1)
➨UL Class 1 or UL Class 2
UL Class 2 Driver
• It complies with UL1310 standard.
• The output is considered as safe to contact.
• No major safety protection is needed at LED/luminaire level.
• There is no risk of fire or electric shock.
• UL Class 2 drivers operate using <60 Volts (in dry applications), 30 volts (in wet applications), <5 Amps and <100 Watts. Due to this limitations, There is restriction on number of LEDs Class 2 driver can handle.
UL Class 1 Driver
• This LED driver class supports high voltage output.
• This class 1 requires safety protection unlike class 2.
• This LED class 1 driver can support more number of LEDs unlike class 2.
LED Driver Related Links
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile