Advantages of HomeRF | Disadvantages of HomeRF
This page covers advantages and disadvantages of HomeRF technology. It mentions HomeRF advantages and HomeRF disadvantages.
Following are the features of HomeRF wireless technology:
• It is used for Home networking. It enables different consumer electronic devices to communicate and provides user with complete control of home networking. Users can dial from remote location and control any home networking devices.
• It is short form of Home Radio Frequency. The standard has been developed by group of companies which include Proxim, Intel, Philips etc. • It operates at 2.45GHz
• It covers distance of upto 50 meters.
• It delivers data rate of about 2 Mbps.
• HomeRF network can support upto 127 devices.
• HomeRF system combines functionalities of both IEEE 802.11b and DECT into one single system.
• The technology is not much in use now-a-days.
Advantages of HomeRF
Following are the advantages of HomeRF:
➨Provides secure communication.
➨Used for digital voice transmission.
➨With HomeRF, we can have peer to peer and host/client connection simultaneously.
➨HomeRF connection has immunity against interference.
➨It can be used for dedicated internet as well as multimedia applications.
Disadvantages of HomeRF
Following are the disadvantages of HomeRF:
➨The HomeRF RF waves collides with bluetooth and IEEE 802.11b WLAN.
➨It is finding stiff competition with pricing of other technology products.
➨HomeRF based products in multimedia and telephony applications are not available in the market.
➨Radiation is a concern with HomeRF technology.