XGA vs WXGA vs WUXGA | Difference between XGA WXGA WUXGA
This page compares XGA vs WXGA vs WUXGA and mentions difference between XGA, WXGA and WUXGA.
There are various graphics display resolutions viz. high definition, video graphics array, extended graphics aray, quad extended graphics array etc. XGA, WXGA amd WUXGA fall under extended graphics array standard. The display resolution refers to width and height of visual display such as monitor in pixels. Higher display resolution with same size offers sharper video content and smaller pixel art.
• XGA stands for "Extended Graphics Array". It is an IBM display standard which supports
display resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
• All XGA modes support aspect ratio of 4:3 with square pixels.
• The other version XGA-2 has added 24 bit DAC which supports 256 grey scale output instead of 64 grey levels.
• WXGA stands for Wide Extended Graphics Array.
• It is non-standard resolution derived from XGA standard.
• It supports wide aspect ratio.
• The common applications of WXGA include LCD TVs, LCD monitors with wide screen resolution.
• The common resolutions supported by WXGA devices are 1366 x 768, 1360 x 768, 1280 x 800, 1280 x 720 etc.
• WUXGA stands for Widescreen Ultra Extended Graphics Array. It is wide version of UXGA.
• It supports display resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels.
• It supports aspect ratio of 16:10.
• Applications include HDTV (High Definition Television), LCD TV, monitors etc.
Difference between XGA, WXGA and WUXGA
Following table summarizes major difference between XGA, WXGA and WUXGA.
|Full Form||Extended Graphics Array||Wide XGA||Widescreen Ultra XGA|
|Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels||1280 x 800 pixels, 1360 x 768, 1366 x 768||1920 x 1200 pixels|
ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS LINKS
Transformer basics and types
BJT vs FET
Diac vs Triac
JUGFET vs MOSFET
Analog vs Digital Multimeter
SCR or thyristor
Halfwave rectifier vs Fullwave rectifier
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM