Verizon 5G Home Router features | Samsung 5G CPE features
This application note covers 5G Home Router (CPE) basic features. It mentions technical specifications of 5G Home Router from Samsung used as 5G CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) by Verizon wireless.
• 5G is the fifth generation of wireless technology developed as per 3GPP R15 and beyond.
• 5G supercedes 4G standards such as LTE, LTE-Advanced and LTE-Advanced Pro.
• There are three main parts in 5G system viz. 5G home router or CPE, 5G Base Station, 5G Core Network and 5G compliant mobile phones.
• There are two modes in which 5G devices works viz. NSA (Non Standalone) and SA (Standalone).
• Initially 5G mobile devices work in NSA (Non Standalone) mode in which they does control/management using LTE and data transmission/reception using 5G network. Later on 5G devices will operate in complete SA (Standalone) mode and utilizes 5G NR network for both control/data operations.
• It operates in sub 1 GHz, 1 to 6 GHz and above 6 GHz(millimeter wave frequencies) and delivers speed better than existing 4G LTE network. They provide internet connectivity in par with broadband cable service providers due to low latency and higher data rate.
Samsung 5G home router
The figure-1 depicts 5G Home router (CPE) from Samsung. It has been selected and used by Verizon wireless
to provide 5G services to various cities in the USA.
Following are the salient features or specifications of it.
• Model Number : SFG-D0100
• Works on millimeter wave frequency bands from 27.5 GHz to 28.35 GHz.
• It houses 64 antennas acoss 2 x 2 MIMO array along with beamforming.
• It supports bluetooth LE and does not support wifi.
• Verizon has promised speeds of around 300 Mbps upto 1 Gbps.
• On 1st October 2018, Verizon has launched 5G home Internet service in US cities which include Sacramento, Los Angeles, Houston and Indianapolis.
• Customers can sign up and pay $70 per month for the service. Customers who have already subscribed to verizon wireless for phones can pay only $50 to avail the service.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. Samsung has launched its 5G E2E commercial products and solutions including 5G RFIC and ASIC modem chipsets, 5G Home Router, 5G Radio Base Station and 5G next Generation Core (5G NGC).
About Verizon Wireless
The Verizon Wireless is an American telecom company which offers wireless products and wireless services. The company had about 149 million subscribers as on Oct. 2017. It is headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, US. The company operates 4G LTE network which covers 98% of US population. The company has launched 5G services on oct,1 2018.
5G NR Numerology | 5G NR Terminology
5G NR Control channels | 5G NR Traffic Channels | 5G NR Reference Signals and sequences
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial
5G Frequency Bands
5G millimeter wave tutorial
5G mm wave frame
5G millimeter wave channel sounding
Difference between 4G and 5G
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture
5G NR Physical layer
5G NR MAC layer
5G NR RLC layer
5G NR PDCP layer
Useful product vendors or manufacturers
RF Transceiver manufacturers RF components RF circulator RF isolator RF Mixer LTE providers WiMAX Hardware WLAN providers Zigbee gadgets T & M Companies Evaluation Boards GSM/GPRS MODEM Software vendors