WiFi SoC Manufacturers for IoT | WiFi SoC Vendors
This page mentions WiFi SoC manufacturers or WiFi SoC vendors for IoT applications. The popular manufacturers of WiFi SoC are Dialog semiconductor, Broadcomm, Silicon Labs, Expressif Systems, Nordic, Microchip, NXP, QorVo, Qualcomm, Redpine signals, Realtek, Marvell etc.
Following table mentions WiFi SoC manufacturers with part numbers and technical features.
|WiFi SoC Manufacturers||Description|
|Dialog semiconductor||• Model FC9000 and FCM9000S (Ultra low power Wifi SoC modules )
• FC9000 features include 802.11b/g/n radio (PHY), ARM Cortex M0+, AES and TLS encryption, 1.6 MB SRAM, 16 KB OTP ROM, RTX, Flash memory etc. Interfaces supported include UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, I2S, SDIO, GPIO, ADC, DAC and JTAG.
• FCM9000S SoC houses 802.11b/g/n radio (PHY)
|Broadcomm||• Model BCM4366 802.11ac WiFi SoC
• Model BCM6752 802.11ax WiFi SoC
• Model BCM4389 WiFi 6E chip extends Wi-Fi 6 standard to support 6 GHz band with 160 MHz bandwidth
• Model BCM43012 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo chip
|Silicon Labs||• Model WF200
• WF200 supports 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n radio (MAC / PHY layers)
|Espressif Systems||• Model ESP32 (Supports both WiFi and Bluetooth)
• Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n/e/i (802.11n @ 2.4 GHz up to 150 Mbit/s)
• Bluetooth: v4.2 BR/EDR and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
|Nordic semiconductor||• Model nRF52832 is multi-protocol SoC which powers InnoComm's CM05 BLE-WiFi Modules.
• Model nRF52820 supports multi-protocols including Bluetooth LE, bluetooth mesh, thread and Zigbee. It is powered by ARM Cortex-M4 processor.
• The nRF52820 SoC supports interfaces such as UART, TWI, SPI, QDEC, USB
|Microchip technology||• Following are IoT network controller SoCs
• Model : WINC Series WINC1500 (supports 802.11 b/g/n )
• Model : RN Series RN1810 (Supports 802.11 b/g/n )
|NXP semiconductors||• Model 88W8977 WLAN (802.11n) SoC (2.4 / 5 GHz) , Bluetooth V4.2
• Model 88MW32X supports 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and houses ARM cortex M4F CPU
|Qorvo||• Model QPF4800 supports Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 (i.e. IEEE 802.11ax )
• ModelQCA6174A supports wifi (802.11ac 2x2) and Bluetooth v5.0 SoC
• Model QCA4010 ( Wifi Soc for IoT applications ) , supports IEEE 802.11n 1 x 1 single/dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz,
Also supports 802.11 b/g , Tensilica Xtensa processor
• Model QCA4012 supports 802.11a/b/g and also 802.11n , Tensilica Xtensa processor
• Other models : QCA4002, QCA4004, QCA4020, QCA4024, QCA4531
|Redpine signals||• Model RS9116 multi-protocol SoC with both WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 5
|Realtek||• Models RTL8711BU, RTL8710BN WiFi SoC for IoT applications.
|Marvell||• Model : 88W9068 , supports 8x8 MIMO with IEEE 802.11ax Wireless LAN - WiFi SoC
WLAN 802.11 ax i.e. WiFi 6 tutorial related links
802.11n versus 802.11ax 802.11ac versus 802.11ax 802.11ax wave1 vs wave2 Advantages and disadvantages of 802.11ax BSS coloring in 11ax RU in 802.11ax MU-OFDMA in 802.11ax MU-MIMO in 802.11ax TWT power save mode in 802.11ax EVM specification in 802.11ax 802.11ax Speed calculator
WLAN RELATED LINKS
What is wlan? WLAN standards-11a,11b,11g,11n,11ac 11a WLAN Physical layer 11b WLAN Physical layer 11n WLAN Physical layer WLAN 802.11-ac WLAN 802.11-ad Difference between 11a,11b,11g,11n WLAN router providers WLAN providers
IoT (Internet of Things) Tutorial related stuff
This tutorial section on IoT (Internet of Things) covers following sub topics:
IoT tutorial IoT section IoT article Cellular IoT Components Sensors INDIAN companies Antenna Types Wireless technologies IoT transceiver SoC