Advantages of E-Cigarettes | disadvantages of E-Cigarettes
This page covers advantages and disadvantages of E-Cigarettes. It mentions E-Cigarettes advantages or benefits and E-Cigarettes disadvantages or drawbacks.
What are E-Cigarettes?
• E-Cigarettes are electronic devices which simulates tobacco like smoking.
• It uses e-liquids or e-juices which upon heating generates vapor which is inhaled by users. This inhalation process using e-cigarette is known as "vaping".
• It is alternative method of smoking which is less harmful compare to traditional tobacco smoking.
• E-cigarettes may or may not contain nicotine which is very harmful.
• E-Cigarettes are available in many flavors including tobacco, menthol, coffee, fruits, chocolate, spices, candy etc.
• They are manufactured by public and private companies in USA, UK, China and other parts of the world.
• E-cigarettes are made of E-liquids which contains ingredients such as
glycerin, propylene glycol, nicotine, water and flavorings.
Out of all ingredients, glycerin and propylene glycol contain about 95% of total ingredient capacity.
Benefits or advantages of E-Cigarettes
Following are the benefits or advantages of E-Cigarettes:
➨It is very easy to use.
➨It is used by people wanting to quit traditional smoking.
➨Vaping is considered to be healthier compare to normal tobacco smoking.
➨They are cheaper to afford. It saves money from the budget.
➨Smokers of e-cigarettes do not get cough and phlegm. They will have better physical stamina and cardio compare to traditional smoking. They will not get any wheezing problems in the chest.
➨E-cigarettes can be used anytime and almost anywhere unlike traditional cigarettes.
➨They are available in many flavors as mentioned and will be used by smokers as per mood. Hence it satisfies needs of the consumers.
➨E-Cigarettes contain no tobacco, no tar and does not produce any smoke.
➨Vaping does not require ashtray unlike smoking.
➨It does not harm people present around unlike cigarette smoking which harm non-smokers present in the vicinity.
Drawbacks or disadvantages of E-Cigarettes
Following are the drawbacks or disadvantages of E-Cigarettes:
➨E-cigarettes can be filled with e-liquid containing nicotine. Often it can be used with other drugs which can lead to harmful effects for the human body and society.
➨It has shorter battery life.
➨It is heavier than cigarettes.
➨Some flavors linger in the air while disposing cartridges and batteries.
➨Second hand mist contains nicotine.
➨It is reinforcing/addictive.
➨Vaping during pregnancy is a concern which is under research.