Mediatek Multimode modem | MultiRAT Modem with multimodes from Mediatek
Feb 03,2014: MediaTek has announced the availability of Multimode modem chipset supporing LTE R9 and compliant to previous technologies GSM,GPRS,EDGE,DC-HSPA+,WCDMA and TD-SCDMA. The company has recently held demonstration of the same at CES in Las Vegas Hotel. As per company sources the reference design MT6290 is already provided to OEM partners and first commercial device will be expected in second quarter 2014. Company has sourced LTE protocol stack from NTT DoCoMo and DSP architecture from Coresonic AB.
The silent features of the MediaTek multimode modem are as follows:
• Supports LTE R9 Category 4 modem using 28 nm process technology
• Supports LTE data rate of 150 Mbps in the downlink and 50 Mbps in the uplink
• Supports LTE TDD and FDD modes
• Supports multi-RATs as mentioned
• Built in RF Chip MT6169 supports 8 primary RF inputs and another 8 for diversity.
• Supports 30 3GPP frequency bands to meet global demand