WiFi 6 Chip Vendors | WiFi 6 SoC Manufacturers
This page mentions WiFi 6 chip vendors or WiFi 6 SoC manufacturers. The popular vendors of Wi-Fi 6 chip are Intel, NXP, Qualcomm, Broadcom etc.
What is WiFi 6 ?
IEEE 802.11ax is the 6th generation of wifi known as Wifi-6. It is also known as HEW (High Efficiency WLAN) which operates on unlicensed spectrum bands viz. 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz. It is successor to IEEE 802.11ac standard. 802.11 ax offers better spectrum efficiency, area throughput, better performance and user experience at reduced latency. It is widely for various use cases such as public transportation, E-education, airports, railway stations, dense buildings etc.
Image Courtesy: Ruckus Networks
Following are the features of WiFi-6 ( i.e. IEEE 802.11 ax ) wireless technology along with their benefits.
• Downlink/uplink OFDMA for overhead reduction
• Uplink MU-MIMO to obtain higher throughput upstream
• Increased symbol duration (i.e. 12.8 µs) to achieve increased robustness for outdoor operation
• Uses 0.8 µs, 1.6 µs and 3.2 µs cyclic prefix types • Use of higher order modulation such as 1024 QAM to achieve higher data rate
• Supports different channel bandwidths viz. 20, 40, 80, 80+80, 160 MHz
• Supports FFT sizes such as 256, 512, 1024 and 2048
• Subcarrier spacing of 78.125 KHz is used.
• Supports BCC and LDPC coding schemes
• Refer WLAN 802.11 ax tutorial >>
Vendors or Manufacturers of WiFi 6 Chipset
Following table mentions WiFi 6 chipset manufacturers or vendors with their features and part numbers.
|WiFi 6 Chip/Module Manufacturers||Description|
• WAV600 series chipset as per IEEE 802.11ax draft 3.0 standard
• Model : AX201 Wi-Fi 6 Module as per IEEE 802.11ax specifications (with following features)
• Supports 2x2 MIMO, UL/DL OFDMA, 1024 QAM, 160 MHz channels
• Delivers data rate upto 2.4 Gbps
• Supports Bluetooth 5.2
• Supports TWT (Target Wake Time), Spatial reuse, WPA3 etc.
• Visit Intel.com for more information.
• Models : 88Q9098, IW620 as per IEEE 802.11ax specifications
• 88Q9098 SoC supports 2x2 concurrent dual wifi with bluetooth 5.1
• IW620 solution supports 2x2 MU-MIMO, dual bands (2.4/5 GHz), bluetooth 5.1, UL/DL OFDMA, WiFi direct, TWT, Micro AP, Tx power control etc.
• Visit nxp.com for more information.
|Broadcomm||• Model : BCM6710 is 3x3 WiFi 6 SoC device
• Model : BCM6755 is 2x2 WiFi 6 SoC device
• BCM6710 supports 2.4/5/6 GHz bands selectively, DL/UL OFDMA, three spatial streams, 1024QAM, LDPC in Tx/Rx, MU-MIMO, TWT (Target Wait Time) and so on.
• BCM6755 houses quad core ARM-A7 with 32 KB I/D caches and 512 KB L2 cache, 20/40/80 MHz channels, expanded 6 GHz coverage including support up tp 7125 MHz, LDPC in Tx/Rx and so on.
• Visit broadcom.com for more information.
• Model : QCA6696 SoC supports wifi 6 and bluetooth 5.2 , IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
• QCA6696 supports 2x2 MU-MIMO, 8x8 sounding, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with dual MAC, 1024QAM, 20/40/80 MHz, WPA3 etc.
• Visit qualcomm.com for more information
WLAN 802.11 ax i.e. WiFi 6 tutorial related links
802.11n versus 802.11ax 802.11ac versus 802.11ax 802.11ax wave1 vs wave2 Advantages and disadvantages of 802.11ax BSS coloring in 11ax RU in 802.11ax MU-OFDMA in 802.11ax MU-MIMO in 802.11ax TWT power save mode in 802.11ax EVM specification in 802.11ax 802.11ax Speed calculator
WLAN RELATED LINKS
What is wlan? WLAN standards-11a,11b,11g,11n,11ac 11a WLAN Physical layer 11b WLAN Physical layer 11n WLAN Physical layer WLAN 802.11-ac WLAN 802.11-ad Difference between 11a,11b,11g,11n WLAN router providers WLAN providers
IoT (Internet of Things) Tutorial related stuff
This tutorial section on IoT (Internet of Things) covers following sub topics:
IoT tutorial IoT section IoT article Cellular IoT Components Sensors INDIAN companies Antenna Types Wireless technologies IoT transceiver SoC