Tilt switch Manufacturers | Tilt switch vendors
This page covers Tilt switch basics with features of popular Tilt switch. It mentions Tilt switch manufacturers or Tilt switch vendors.
What is Tilt switch ?
• The switch becomes ON or OFF based on degree of tilt or inclination. Tilt switch is an electromechanical switch which are of various types.
• The most common are mercury tilt switch and ball type tilt switch.
• In mercury switch, blob of mercury is used for making contact in a glass bulb.
• In ball type tilt switch rolling balls are used to make contact with the leads.
The figure-1 depicts both mercury type and ball type of tilt switches.
Refer Tilt sensor basics and types >>.
Tilt switch features
Following are the silent features of Tilt switch.
• Contact capacity (e.g. 0.3 A, 24V AC or 24V DC)
• Number of axes which determines tilt direction
• Operating angle i.e. make angle
• Return angle i.e. break angle
• Maximum forward current
• Tilt switch type (Ball type, mercury etc.)
Tilt switch Manufacturers
Following table lists popular Tilt switch manufacturers or vendors.
|Tilt switch Manufacturers||Description|
|Comus Global||• Model: CW1300
• SPST, Through Hole
• Ball type
|Panasonic||• AHF22 (tilt sensor)
• Differential angle from 25 to 60 degrees.
• Current 19mA
• Surface mount type
|Parallax||• Model: 28036
• 4 directional tilt sensor
• 6 pin DIP for surface mount application
• requires 3 to 5.5 VDC
• Provide 2 pin output (either high or low)
|RS Components Ltd.||• Mercury and Non-Mercury tilt switches in various specifications are available.
Basics and Types of Sensors
Proximity Sensor Occupancy Sensor vs Motion Sensor LVDT and RVDT sensor Position, displacement and level sensor force sensor and strain sensor temperature sensor pressure sensor Humidity sensor MEMS sensor Touch sensor Haptic sensor Wireless sensor