Multiprotocol IoT Gateway Manufacturers or Providers or Vendors
This page mentions Multiprotocol IoT Gateway Manufacturers or Providers or Vendors. The popular manufacturers of Multiprotocol IoT Gateway are Volansys, D-Link, Mindtree, SWYCS, PHYTEC etc.
What is Multiprotocol IoT Gateway ?
As we know gateway in networking domain refers to device which converts protocol of one system to be compliant to the protocol of the other system for them to communicate without any interoperability issues. For example WiFi Zigbee Gateway makes it possible for zigbee devices to communicate with wifi device and vice versa.
In summary, IoT gateway makes two or multiple heterogeneous systems to communicate. As shown in the figure, it connects things with IoT cloud for analysis or processing.
Multiprotocol refers to multiple wireless chips or protocols such as wifi, bluetooth, zigbee, z-wave, NFC, Thread on a single board. They are basically targetted based on short range and long range IoT requirements. Short range IoT gateway takes care of smart home requirements where as long range handles smart city requirements.
Wireless technologies such as wifi, bluetooth, zigbee, z-wave, thread are designed for short range wireless home requirements. Wireless technologies such as LoRaWAN, Sigfox and other cellular standards such as 3G/LTE are designed for long range wireless city or country wide requirements.
Protocols such as MQTT and CoAP are used between IoT gateway and cloud servers for data exchange. The IoT gateway can be configured and managed using applications developed for android and iOS phones.
Figure depicts block diagram of IoT gateway. As shown Multiprotocol IoT Gateway consists of MCU (Microcontroller Unit), WiFi or cellular IC, and short range RF SoC housing multiple protocols such as bluetooth, Zigbee, Z-wave, Thread, NFC etc. Some IoT gateway also houses wired connectivity protocols such as USB, ethernet, RS232, RS485 and so on. The gateway uses power management IC (PMIC) to distribute and manage power.
Multiprotocol IoT Gateway Manufacturers
Following table mentions Multiprotocol IoT gateway manufacturers with part numbers and technical features.
|Multiprotocol IoT Gateway Manufacturers||Description|
|Volansys (INDIA, USA, CANADA)||
• Model : Modular IoT Gateway
• It houses ARM Cortex A7 CPU with different types of memory such as SDRAM, NAND Flash, EEPROM, eMMC etc.
• Protocols : MQTT and CoAP
• Short range wireless connectivity : WiFi, Thread, Zigbee, Z-wave, BLE, NFC
• Long range wireless connectivity : 3G
• Wired connectivity : Ethernet, USB
• Mobile Applications : Android, iOS
• Cloud platforms : AWS IoT, IBM Watson, ClearBlade, Ayla, Amazon Alexa Voice
• Website : Volansys.com
• Email : email@example.com
• Model DSH-G300
• Supports Zigbee, Thread, Bluetooth variants (LE, v5, mesh) , WiFi ( 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 Ghz)
• It is used to connect with multiple sensors and devices
• Website : DLINK.com
• Locations : Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East
• Model : Multiprotocol IoT Gateway
• Gateway IP variants offered by Mindtree include mesh gateway and edge gateway.
• Website : mindtree.com
• Model : IoT Gateway V2.1.6
• Interoperable and multi-protocol IoT gateway for Smart buildings
• Supports wireless protocols such as WiFi, EnOcean, Zigbee, Z-wave, Bluetooth, GSM etc.
• Supports wired protocols such as LAN, USb and so on.
• Website : SWYCS.com
|PHYTEC Embedded Pvt. Ltd. , Bangalore, INDIA||
• Model : Industrial IoT Gateway
• Supports zigbee, BLE, 6LoWPAN, WiFi, Ethernet, 2G/3G
• Cloud connectivity using MQTT protocol
• Powered by ARM cortex - A7/A8/A9 CPUs
• Website: PHYTEC
• Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Z-wave tutorial and related links
BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Links
Bluetooth tutorial Frequency PHY Layer MAC layer Stack Bluetooth v4.2 versus v5.0 Bluetooth v5.0 versus v5.1 BLE states and state diagram BLE advertising and data channels BLE protocol stack architecture BLE connection process BLE advertising and data packet formats
Zigbee related resources
what is zigbee Zigbee Protocol Zigbee PHY Zigbee frame Zigbee MAC Zigbee bands RF4CE 6LoWPAN AODV protocol Zigbee Products Zigbee Gadgets Zigbee Switch Zigbee Sensor Zigbee USB Dongle Zigbee Smart Meter Zigbee to Ethernet
WLAN 802.11 ax i.e. WiFi 6 tutorial related links
802.11n versus 802.11ax 802.11ac versus 802.11ax 802.11ax wave1 vs wave2 Advantages and disadvantages of 802.11ax BSS coloring in 11ax RU in 802.11ax MU-OFDMA in 802.11ax MU-MIMO in 802.11ax TWT power save mode in 802.11ax EVM specification in 802.11ax 802.11ax Speed calculator
WLAN RELATED LINKS
What is wlan? WLAN standards-11a,11b,11g,11n,11ac 11a WLAN Physical layer 11b WLAN Physical layer 11n WLAN Physical layer WLAN 802.11-ac WLAN 802.11-ad Difference between 11a,11b,11g,11n WLAN router providers WLAN providers
NFC Tutorial Related Links
This Near Field Communication-NFC tutorial covers following sub topics very useful to understand NFC basics:
NFC tutorial NFC basics NFC Modulation and coding NFC-A,NFC-B,NFC-F types NFC vs RFID difference between bluetooth,wifi,RFID and NFC What is NFC on phone Difference between NFC tag types NFC Tag vs NFC Reader NFC tester for NFC testing NFC Tools and Equipments NFC Security