Multi Radio IoT Platform Providers and Manufacturers
This page mentions Multi Radio IoT Platform Providers and Manufacturers. The popular manufacturers of Multi radio IoT Platforms are Laird connectivity, D-Link, PHYTEC, Volansys, SWYCS etc.
What is Multi Radio IoT Platform ?
The IoT platform which houses multiple radio transceiver ICs of different standards such as wifi, cellular, zigbee, z-wave, thread is known as multi-radio IoT platform.
Let us understand the same with example of zigbee-wifi IoT gateway. In this device, mobile application can be used to control zigbee end devices. Mobile app can connect with IoT gateway via cloud (i.e. WAN) or WLAN (i.e. wifi). The gateway functions as routing device between zigbee end devices and cloud.
Devices can be controlled locally using android or iOS mobile applications with the help of wifi when internet connectivity is not available. The figure depicts block diagram of typical multi radio IoT platform. As shown such modular platform can be used as wifi to zigbee gateway as well as cellular to zigbee applications. One can program and bring other wireless standards (e.g. z-wave, thread etc.) to be used on such IoT gateway.
Unlicensed LPWA (Low Power Wide Area) networks empoloy othe wireless technologies/standards such as LoRa, Sigfox, Ingenu and so on. Licensed LPWA radio techologies used in IoT are LTE-M and NB-IoT. Short range radio IoT platforms use most common technologies such as bluetooth and RFID.
Multi radio IoT platform Manufacturers or vendors
Following table mentions Multi radio IoT platform manufacturers or vendors with part numbers and technical features.
|Multi radio IoT platform Manufacturers||Description|
|Volansys (INDIA, USA, CANADA)||
• Model : Zigbee-WiFi Multi Radio IoT Gateway Stack
• As described above
• Website : https://volansys.com/
• Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Model DSH-G300
• This model supports multi radio standards viz. zigbee, thread and bluetooth LE/mesh/Bluetooth 5 versions.
• It supports wifi as per WLAN 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz frequency.
• Model : IoT Gateway V2.1.6
• This IoT gateway is used as multi radio IoT platform with support for multiple wireless standards such as WiFi, EnOcean, Zigbee, Z-wave and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
• It is powered by ARM AM335x 1GHz processor.
|PHYTEC Embedded Pvt. Ltd. , Bangalore, INDIA||
• Model : Industrial IoT Gateway
• Multi radio supported include zigbee, BLE, 6LoWPAN etc. Cloud connectivity can be done using WiFi, Ethernet and cellular (ie. GSM/CDMA ) technologies.
• Supported operating systems include Embedded Linux, Android & WinCE
• Model : SentriusTM RG1xx series LoRaWAN gateway with wifi/ethernet, Optional LTE
• Model : SentriusTM MG100 Gateway with LTE-M/NB-IoT and bluetooth 5
• Other wireless IoT gateway are also provided by Laird connectivity.
• Visit website https://www.lairdconnect.com/ for more information
Z-wave tutorial and related links
BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Links
Bluetooth tutorial Frequency PHY Layer MAC layer Stack Bluetooth v4.2 versus v5.0 Bluetooth v5.0 versus v5.1 BLE states and state diagram BLE advertising and data channels BLE protocol stack architecture BLE connection process BLE advertising and data packet formats
Zigbee related resources
what is zigbee Zigbee Protocol Zigbee PHY Zigbee frame Zigbee MAC Zigbee bands RF4CE 6LoWPAN AODV protocol Zigbee Products Zigbee Gadgets Zigbee Switch Zigbee Sensor Zigbee USB Dongle Zigbee Smart Meter Zigbee to Ethernet
WLAN 802.11 ax i.e. WiFi 6 tutorial related links
802.11n versus 802.11ax 802.11ac versus 802.11ax 802.11ax wave1 vs wave2 Advantages and disadvantages of 802.11ax BSS coloring in 11ax RU in 802.11ax MU-OFDMA in 802.11ax MU-MIMO in 802.11ax TWT power save mode in 802.11ax EVM specification in 802.11ax 802.11ax Speed calculator
WLAN RELATED LINKS
What is wlan? WLAN standards-11a,11b,11g,11n,11ac 11a WLAN Physical layer 11b WLAN Physical layer 11n WLAN Physical layer WLAN 802.11-ac WLAN 802.11-ad Difference between 11a,11b,11g,11n WLAN router providers WLAN providers
NFC Tutorial Related Links
This Near Field Communication-NFC tutorial covers following sub topics very useful to understand NFC basics:
NFC tutorial NFC basics NFC Modulation and coding NFC-A,NFC-B,NFC-F types NFC vs RFID difference between bluetooth,wifi,RFID and NFC What is NFC on phone Difference between NFC tag types NFC Tag vs NFC Reader NFC tester for NFC testing NFC Tools and Equipments NFC Security