5G small cell tower manufacturers | Small Cell 5G Network companies
This page lists 5G small cell tower manufacturers. The top manufacturers or companies of Small Cell 5G Network are Samsung, Huawei, NEC, ZTE, Ericsson, Nokia, Airspan Networks, CommScope, Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd. etc.
What is Small Cell 5G Network Tower ?
5G NR (New Radio) based solutions are developed as per 3GPP Rel.15 specifications. It follows cellular technology roadmap of LTE and LTE-advanced.
The system operates on various frequency bands viz. sub-1GHz, below 6 GHz and above 6 GHz. The 5G NR is designed to offer very high data rates (approx. 1 Gbps to 20 Gbps) with lowest latency of approx. 5 msec.
Usually high power BSs (e.g. gNodeBs or gNBs) are used to cover more number of users. Millimeter frequency waves are blocked due to certain obstacles and hence will be difficult to serve mobile 5G users behind such obstacles. 5G Small cells address such blocking issues.
Small Cell 5G Network consists of different types of small cell towers e.g. femto cell, pico cell, micro cell, macro cell and so on. All these types support different coverage distances and support different number of users.
There are numerous benefits of 5G small cells which include following.
• It improves coverage in the areas poorly served due to blocking of signals.
• It improves latency and faster data experience due to closer access from users.
• Small cells use less power.
• 5G Small cell towers are small in size and easy to install and manage.
• Most of the 5G traffic is offloaded from main 5G Base Stations to small cells. Hence more users are served efficiently with better signal quality.
List of 5G small cell tower manufacturers
Following table mentions lists of top 5G small cell tower manufacturers with part numbers and technical features.
|5G small cell tower Manufacturers||Description with part numbers|
• 5G small cell unit housing antennas and other electronic circuitry.
• Designed to support 28 GHz and delivers about 8.5 Gbps throughput.
• Supports GPS
• Easy to intall by plugging electric cables and fiber optic cables.
• This RAU (Radio Access Unit) houses 1024 antenna MU-MIMO system and supports 800 MHz of spectrum in mmwave band.
|Huawei||• Huawei offers AtomCell for outdoor networking and
offers LampSite, PiCo and Service Anchor for indoor networking.
• Small cells drive indoor digitization
• It uses licensed and unlicensed spectrum to improve spectral efficiency and to improve user experience. It also supports LAA (Licensed Assisted Access) and LWA (LTE plus WiFi link aggregation).
|NEC||• Small cell RUs (Radio Units) for 5G BS (Base Station)
• Support 3.7 GHz, 4.5 GHz and 28 GHz bands
• Compliant to O-RAN fronthaul interface specifications
• It is used by Japanese telco NTT DoCoMo.
|ZTE||• Small Cell BS series
• Can be installed in various locations as lampposts, walls or building surfaces
• Supports different dual band combinations such as 1.8GHz/2.1GHz, 2.6GHz/3.5GHz, 1.8GHz/3.5GHz, 2.1GHz/3.5GHz etc.
• Supports single mode or multi mode configurations of 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, IoT networks.
• Model : 5G Radio Dot
• Palm size and easy to install on roof.
• 3GPP compliant which can deliver upto 2 Gbps.
• Supports 5G mid-bands from 3 to 6 GHz.
• Total 8 such radio dots are collectively supported by new 5G IRU (Indoor Radio Unit).
• Refer ericsson website for more information.
|Nokia||• AirScale Indoor Radio System (ASiR System)
• It supports 2G/3G/4G/5G technologies.
• ASiR solution consists of various components viz. ASiR-BBU, ASiR-sHUB, ASiR-pRRH and ASiR-RFC.
|Airspan Networks||• 3.5 GHz small cells, supports massive MIMO and compliant to 5G NR (New Radio) specifications
• Company is working with Reliance Jio Infocomm LTE network in INDIA and with Sprint in US for 5G network
|CommScope||• OneCell Small Cell portfolio (OneCell RP5000)
• Supports 5G mmwave (28 GHz/39 GHz) and sub 6 GHz bands, CBRS and C band in US and 3.5 GHz in Europe/rest of the world.
• Supports O-RAN 7.2x fronthaul interface
|Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd.||• Model no : ENB-50, A01SE
• 5G Open Platform Small Cell
5G NR product manufacturers or vendors
5G NR Numerology | 5G NR Terminology
5G NR Control channels | 5G NR Traffic Channels | 5G NR Reference Signals and sequences
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial 5G Frequency Bands 5G millimeter wave tutorial 5G mm wave frame 5G millimeter wave channel sounding Difference between 4G and 5G 5G testing and test equipments 5G network architecture 5G NR Physical layer 5G NR MAC layer 5G NR RLC layer 5G NR PDCP layer
Useful product vendors or manufacturers
RF Transceiver manufacturers RF components RF circulator RF isolator RF Mixer LTE providers WiMAX Hardware WLAN providers Zigbee gadgets T & M Companies Evaluation Boards GSM/GPRS MODEM Software vendors