5G base station manufacturers, 5G NR gNodeB gNb Base Station
Telecom operators install cellular towers in order to provide mobile and internet services to the mobile and internet users across the world. In 5G NR (New Radio) technology, base station is referred as gNodeB or gNb. This page covers 5G base station manufacturers. It includes 5G NR gNodeB gNb Base Station manufacturers or vendors viz. Nokia,Ericsson,Huawei,Samsung,ZTE etc.
What is 5G Base Station ?
5G NR (New Radio) uses different frequency bands across the world. As per 3GPP release 15, the frequency bands are grouped into FR1 and FR2. FR1 supports 450 to 6000 MHz where as FR2 supports 24250 MHz to 52600 MHz frequency ranges. FR1 supports max. channel bandwidth of 100 MHz per CC where as FR2 supports 400 MHz max. 5G NR uses OFDM in which subcarrier spacing is variable. FR1 supports 15 KHz, 30 KHz and 60 KHz. FR2 supports 60 KHz and 120 KHz.
Following are the different categories of 5G Base Station specified in 3GPP NR specifications.
• BS Type 1-C (equivalent to earlier Base Stations, supports FR1 )
• BS Type 1-H (equivalent to AAS in LTE-advanced release 13, supports FR1)
• BS Type 1-O/2-O (newly introduced AAS from NR, supports FR1 and FR2)
• Model: Airscale Base Station :
• This Base Station is very compact and supports all radio technologies (2G, 3G, 4G, 4.5G, 4.9G) in addition to 5G. It also supports all network topologies such as distributed RAN, Centralized RAN and cloud RAN. It is flexible to support future traffic growth of 5G and IoT networks.
The 5G base station supports massive MIMO, CA (Carrier Aggregation) and Beamforming to maximize throughput and capacity for enhanced user experiences.
• Model: 5G radios such as AIR 6488 and AIR 5121 along with AIR 6468 offers
• complete 5G radio system for massive MIMO.
Ericsson radio Access network (RAN) supports GSM, WCDMA, LTE, 5G in TDD/FDD modes. It can be installed in various geographies such as macro, steet macro, micro, indoor and so on.
• Model: 5G Base Station
• The company has recently developed 200K base stations and expected to manufacture 800K units by the end of 2020. The BS supports massive MIMO using TDD for 5G networks. It also supports 4G legacy networks as well. It houses 5G core chip consisting of active PAs, passive antenna arrays etc. The chip can control 64 channels with the help of beamforming and latest algorithms. It supports 200 MHz spectral bandwidth. The chip can be used for development of active antenna units.
• Model: RF Chipsets for 5G Base Station
• Samsung has developed mmwave RFICs, Digital/analog front end ASICs which supports 28 GHz / 39 GHz bands. To achieve higher speeds, 5G BS uses thousands of antenna elements and several RFICs. RFICs support bandwidths of about 1.4 GHz and 800 MHz.
• Models : 5G high/low frequency AAU (Active Array Unit), NG BBU (Baseband Unit), 4G/5G dual mode RRU
• Based on SDN/NFV architecture, NG BBU supports 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G. It supports C-RANs, D-RANs and 5G CUs/DUs.
• RRU supports 4G single mode, 5G single mode and 4G/5G convergence mode.
5G NR product manufacturers or vendors
5G NR Numerology | 5G NR Terminology
5G NR Control channels | 5G NR Traffic Channels | 5G NR Reference Signals and sequences
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial 5G Frequency Bands 5G millimeter wave tutorial 5G mm wave frame 5G millimeter wave channel sounding Difference between 4G and 5G 5G testing and test equipments 5G network architecture 5G NR Physical layer 5G NR MAC layer 5G NR RLC layer 5G NR PDCP layer