VSCP Framework basics | VSCP working operations IoT
This page covers VSCP Framework basics. It describes VSCP working operations in IoT(Internet of Things). VSCP stands for Very Simple Control Protocol.
• It funtions more as framework than protocol.
• VSCP makes things interact at application layer.
• VSCP works with different protocol mechanisms e.g. CAN, Ethernet, RS232, TCPIP, zigbee, bluetooth, USB, GPRS etc.
• VSCP uses event format.
• It supports global identifiers for the nodes. Hence node is identified irrespective of its location anywhere in the world.
• It includes register model to provide flexible common interface for node configuration.
• It provides model to control functionalities of each node.
VSCP Working Operation
Figure: VSCP Framework
• When an even occurs, it is being broadcasted to all the other nodes on the network.
• Now each node decides whether received event needs to be processed or not.
• The final decision depends on decision matrix of the nodes. This is based on number of "if conditions". The evaluation of condition is based on fields present in the VSCP datagram being broadcasted to the network.