MAP Sensor Vs MAF Sensor-Difference between MAP Sensor and MAF Sensor
This page compares MAP sensor vs MAF sensor and mentions difference between MAP sensor and MAF sensor.
• MAP sensor is the short form of Manifold Absolute Pressure.
• It measures vaccum or pressure in intake manifold.
• It is used in older fuel injection engine.
• It uses hose to measure vaccum pressure within intake manifold.
• MAP sensor indicates pressure changes to the ECU (Engine Control Unit). ECU consecutively decreases or increases fuel injection.
• MAF sensor is the short form of Mass Airflow Sensor.
• It measures mass of air entering the engine.
• It is used in latest fuel injection engine.
• MAF sensor uses hot wire to measure air volume and air density which is entering the intake manifold. The ECU uses this information to maintain fuel mixture ratio of 14.7:1.
Refer MAF Sensor Basics and Working➤.
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
Difference between OFDM and OFDMA
Difference between CDMA and GSM
Difference between Bluetooth and zigbee
Difference between Fixed wimax and mobile
Sensors and Transducers Related Links
IoT compliant sensors
Sensors and transducers article
Occupancy Sensor vs Motion Sensor
LVDT and RVDT sensor
Position, displacement and level sensor
force sensor and strain sensor