Bias Tee vs DC Block-Difference between Bias Tee and DC Block
This page compares Bias Tee vs DC Block and mentions basic difference between Bias Tee and DC Block. It helps in selection between Bias tee and DC block as per their functions and features.
What is Bias Tee?
• As shown in the figure-1, it is used to pass RF (radio frequency) at one port and
DC frequency at the other port.
• It helps in passing DC voltage/current to RF devices such as amplifiers or switches while blocking RF/Microwave signals on the same path or line.
• It is used in test and measurement equipments as well as power amplifiers as biasing tool.
Example: ZFBT-6G+ is Bias Tee from Mini-Circuits.
What is DC Block?
• It functions as high pass filters and blocks DC frequencies or audio frequencies.
• It is used to enhance SNR and dynamic range.
Example: BLK-6+ is DC Block from Mini-Circuits of N-type coaxial connector. It operates from 10 MHz to 6 GHz. Other types of DC blocks with SMA and BNC connectors are also available.
Bias Tee and DC Block Related Links
S-Matrix of RF Components or RF devices
3-port and 4-port circulator S-matrix
RF Isolator S-matrix
Magic Tee S-matrix
Rat Race Coupler S-matrix
Branch Line Coupler S-matrix
Directional Coupler S-matrix
Fixed Attenuator S-matrix
Hybrid Ring S-matrix
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile
wibro vs mobile wimax
Microcontroller vs microprocessor
FDM vs TDM