Passing PMP Exam on first attempt
This article provides few of the tips one can apply to pass the PMP exam on first attempt. We will also see here eligibility criteria for PMP exam.
Eligibility to apply for PMP Exam
Before you apply for PMP exam ascertain following.
- Need to obtain 36 hours credit(PDUs) from PMI recognized project management training institute
- Need to have Bachelor degree with 4500 hours of experience in any of the project Management areas over a span of 36 months in the last 8 years.
- You can apply with or without becoming member of PMI. PMI members will get reduction in application fees and also will be benefitted in case of reappearing for the exam. But one needs to pay to become member of PMI.
- Visit https://www.pmi.org/for more PMP Exam related information.
Tips to pass the PMP Exam
- Go through latest version of PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) Book released by PMI.
- Remember mapping of project management processes to the five project management process groups and nine knowledge areas. Take two-three prints of this chart, cut all the processes and try to map yourself into process groups/knowledge areas. This chart is available in PMBOK book and also provided by leading PMP books as mentioned below.
- Remember all the PMP formulas listed on our page in terminology section, READ MORE.
- Buy at least one of the following PMP books.
1. PMP Exam Prep by Rita Mulcahy
2. Head first PMP from O'REILLY Media Inc. by Jennifer Greene(PMP) & Andrew Stellman (PMP)
Useful PMP Related Links
Website for PMP Management professionals
The managementtutor site contains resources very useful for management enthusiasts.
It covers various branches of management which include project management,
marketing, accounting management, organizational behavior, quantitative analysis,
finance and accounting, operations management, economics, strategy etc.
It also provides guide for various management exams including resources which helps pass the exam such as PMP.
The manegementtutor covers calculators section which covers easy to use calculators for
performing various calculations.