5G mmwave filter specifications | 5G mmwave filter manufacturers
This app note covers 5G mmwave filter technical specifications and popular 5G mmwave filter manufacturers.
What is 5G mmwave Filter?
• RF filter is a device which passes certain band of frequencies and blocks certain band.
• The filters which operate in the 5G mmwave frequency ranges are known as 5G mmwave filters.
• Millimeter frequency spans from 30 GHz to 300 GHz.
• Following table lists out 5G mmwave bands. 5G mmwave uses three main frequency bands viz. 28 GHz, 38 GHz and 72 GHz.
Following technical specifications are considered before selecting the 5G mmwave filter for the desired applications.
• Bandwidth : Frequency range around center frequency over which filter functions efficiently.
• Frequency range: The range of frequencies over which RF filter operates satisfactorily.
• Selectivity : It is measure of capabilities of the filter to pass or to reject specific frequencies relative to center frequency. It is expressed as loss through the filter which occurs at some specific difference from center frequency of the filter.
• Attenuation : It is the amplitude or magnitude loss incurred to the signal once it passes through the RF filter.
• Insertion Loss : Loss of signal power when it travels through RF filter or 5G mmwave filter.
• Temperature stability : The temperature range over which frequency response of RF filter is stable.
• Power handling : It specifies power handling capacity of the mmwave filter.
• Size and Packaging : It specifies size and packaging type of the mmwave filter.
5G mmwave Filter manufacturers
Following table mentions popular 5G mmwave Filter manufacturers. The manufacturers work to ascertain various parameters such as quality, performance, time to market and ease of integration in the existing circuit.
|5G mmwave filter manufacturers||Description|
|Knowles Precision Devices (Dielectric Laboratories)
|It offers mmwave filters in 26GHz, 28GHz, and 39GHz frequency ranges. Filters offer 3GHz of bandwidth, greater than 50dB rejection, and are 20 times smaller than current alternatives.|
|Qorvo US, Inc.
|Qorvo offers BAW Filters for 5G mmwave technology. Transmit insertion loss of about 0.5 dB and receive insertion loss of about 0.7 dB can be achieved.|
|Wainwright Instruments GmbH, Germany
|Band Pass Filters (BPFs), Manually tunable BPFs for mobile communication devices for 5G NR system|
| TDK Corporation
| multilayer band pass filter (BPF)
for millimeter wave (mmwave) bands used in 5G networks
offers 28 GHz frequency operation, offers 1dB insertion loss, upto 30 dB attenuation and low group delay of 0.25 ns
| Microwave Filter Company, Inc.
|Offers high quality electronic filter in 5 Hz to 50 GHz range.|
RF Filter Related Links
5G NR Numerology | 5G NR Terminology
5G NR Control channels | 5G NR Traffic Channels | 5G NR Reference Signals and sequences
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial
5G Frequency Bands
5G millimeter wave tutorial
5G mm wave frame
5G millimeter wave channel sounding
Difference between 4G and 5G
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture
5G NR Physical layer
5G NR MAC layer
5G NR RLC layer
5G NR PDCP layer
Useful product vendors or manufacturers
RF Transceiver manufacturers RF components RF circulator RF isolator RF Mixer LTE providers WiMAX Hardware WLAN providers Zigbee gadgets T & M Companies Evaluation Boards GSM/GPRS MODEM Software vendors