5G Massive MIMO Antenna Array, 5G NR Base Station Antenna Manufacturers
This page mentions manufacturers of 5G Massive MIMO Antenna Array for 5G NR base station. The specifications of massive MIMO antenna Array for 5G NR base station are also mentioned. As we know, 5G NR stands for Fifth Generation New Radio.
What is MIMO Antenna Array in 5G NR ?
Massive MIMO refers to system having multiple antenna elements in the form of active antenna array used to transmit multiple data streams in the desired direction. It helps to increase system capacity, data throughput and coverage.
Massive MIMO is also called as mMIMO. It employs beamforming to direct energy in the desired user direction to mitigate interference from other users.
There are two types (SU-MIMO and MU-MIMO) based on number of users served by Base Station or eNB. In SU-MIMO, all the streams of antenna array are focused on single user. In MU-MIMO, multiple streams are focused on multi users. Each of these streams of MU-MIMO antenna system provide radiated energy to more than one users simultaneously. Massive MIMO uses MU-MIMO in which multiple radio transceiver units are combined with anetnna elements on single active unit.
;Both FDD and TDD are used with massive MIMO. TDD operates on same frequency on downlink (DL) and uplink (UL). FDD operates on different frequencies for DL and UL. TDD is better than FDD due to channel reciprocity. With FDD, feedback overhead increases with antenna elements.
Example : 64T64R Massive MIMO Antenna
Here 64T64R refers to 64 transmit and 64 receive antenna elements with total of 128 antenna elements/ It uses 64 transceiver units, each are mapped to two antenna elements. Both uses different polarizations to transmit/receive different unique data streams.
Massive MIMO Antenna Array Specifications
Following specifications or parameters are considered for selecting the massive MIMO antenna array for
5G base station network installation.
• Frequency band of operation (e.g. n41/B41 (2.5 GHz) )
• Antenna Bandwidth (e.g. 200 MHz)
• Transmit power (e.g. EIRP of 68 dBm)
• Number of antenna elements (16/32/64/96 dual polarized)
• Maximum gain ( e.g. 17.5 dBi )
• Antenna Array Efficiency (e.g. 67 %)
• 3 dB Beam width (e.g. 18 degree)
• Return Loss (e.g. -15 dB)
The figure depicts 64T64R Massive MIMO Antenna Array developed by Nokia. The specifications of this antenna array are mentioned in the table below.
5G NR Base Station Massive MIMO Antenna Array manufacturers
Following table mentions manufacturers of Massive MIMO Antenna Array for 5G NR Base Station with part numbers and technical features.
|Massive MIMO Antenna Array Manufacturers||Description|
|FLEX LTD.||• It offers customizable reference design for Massive MIMO antenna array
• It houses 16 dual polarized elements providing 32 total antennas transmitting/receiving at the same time.
• The antenna array operates at 2.5 GHz frequency.
• It can be used in 4G/LTE and 5G cellular technologies.
• Website : https://flex.com/
|Taoglas||• Model : Aurora CMM.100 (Massive MIMO Phased Array )
• Frequency range : 5 to 6 GHz ( C Band)
• It houses 64 Antenna elements each of which transmits and receives at different polarizations at same time. This provides two independent paths from transmitter to receiver resulting in 128 antenna array in one single panel.
• Website : https://www.taoglas.com/
|REMCOM , US and Canada||• The company develops many products and solutions in telecom domain.
• It includes 5G and MIMO simulation software.
• MIMO and array design for 5G antennas, 5G urban small cells and so on.
• Website : https://www.remcom.com/
|Commscope||• The company offers 5G solutions based on its smarter and faster new antenna solutions.
• 5G radios are packed with advanced antenna arrays.
|QorVo||• The company develops 5G sub-6 GHz RF front end products
which can be used in massive mimo designs. These include LNA, Switch, PA and so on.
• Website : www.qorvo.com
|Nokia||• Product name : Airscale MAA 64T64R, Model No : 474155A
• Number of Tx/Rx : 64/64
• Number of antenna elements : 8 (Horizontal) x 8 (Vertical)
• Beamforming : Supported
• Software : TD-LTE
• Frequency : 2496 to 2690 MHz (3GPP Band 41)
• Gain : 24 dBi
• EIRP : 74.8 dBm
• Beam steering range : +/- 60 degree (horizontal) and +/- 20 degree (vertical)
5G NR product manufacturers or vendors
5G NR Numerology | 5G NR Terminology
5G NR Control channels | 5G NR Traffic Channels | 5G NR Reference Signals and sequences
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial
5G Frequency Bands
5G millimeter wave tutorial
5G mm wave frame
5G millimeter wave channel sounding
Difference between 4G and 5G
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture
5G NR Physical layer
5G NR MAC layer
5G NR RLC layer
5G NR PDCP layer
Useful product vendors or manufacturers
RF Transceiver manufacturers RF components RF circulator RF isolator RF Mixer LTE providers WiMAX Hardware WLAN providers Zigbee gadgets T & M Companies Evaluation Boards GSM/GPRS MODEM Software vendors