What is LISN | Line Impedance Stabilization Network
This page covers LISN i.e. Line Impedance Stabilization Network. It mentions functions of LISN used as Line Impedance Stabilization Network between power line, EUT(Equipment Under Test) and EMC analyzer. It mentions specifications of LISN from Keysight Technologies.
Following are the functions of Line Impedance Stabilization Network:
• It isolates power line mains from EUT. This leads to clean power delivered to the EUT. This is done so that no noise is coupled to the EMC analyzer.
• It isolates noise produced by EUT from getting coupled to power line mains. This will safeguard devices connected on the power line mains.
• The signal generated from EUT is coupled with EMC analyzer using HPF (i.e. High Pass Filter). HPF is part of Line Impedance Stabilization Network (LISN).
Specifications of LISN-Line Impedance Stabilization Network from Keysight technologies
The figure-1 depicts simple LISN internal circuit. As shown it consists of discreter components such as capacitor, inductor, resistor etc.
There are different models available from Keysight technologies such as 11967C, 11967D and
11967E. Following are the silent features of 11967E LISN which operates upto 30MHz frequency.
• Frequency of power source: DC to 60Hz
• Max. current capacity: 25 Amp.
• Max. voltage: 460V AC line to line and 250 V AC line to GND
• Network L (Inductance): 30 µH to 250 µH
• Network Z(Impedance) : 50 OHM