What is Human Intranet | Advantages of Human Intranet
This page describes Human Intranet basics. It mentions benefits or advantages of Human Intranet.
It is the network of sensors which connects human brain with the body. In other words, Human intranet provides connection between biological brain with electronics implanted on the body. This is shown in the figure-1.
This is also referred as BMI (Brain Machine Interface). The electronic devices used as sensors in human intranet is known as neural motes>>.
These neural motes are attached with the cloths or garments. They are also placed below the skin as per applications or use. The implanted sensors collect informations and transmit wirelessly to central PC which is used to process and analyze informations to evaluate various body related performance parameters.
The inter node communication protocols used are ultrasound, wireless and wired as shown.
The system is divided into following major components as depicted in the figure.
• Wrist worn control unit or hub
• Neural recording unit EEG/ECoG
• Energy starved sensor patches
• Sensor interrogation nodes
• Actuator unit controlled by neural feedback and the Hub
Benefits or Advantages of Human Intranet
Following are the benefits of Human Intranet:
• It is used for heart rate monitoring.
• It is used for measurement of glucose level.
• Easy method to obtain detailed health indications without pain. This helps in treatment of critical long lasting diseases.
• The human intranet technology has opened the door to treat uncurable diseases of the past.
• Due to availability of cheaper neural motes, the cost of treatment will also reduce over coarse of time.
WSN-Wireless Sensor Network and Ad Hoc Network related links
Sensors and Transducers Related Links
Refer following links to know more on types of sensors and transducers:
Article on Sensors and Transducers>>
Occupancy Sensor vs Motion Sensor
LVDT and RVDT sensor
Position, displacement and level sensor
force sensor and strain sensor
sensor node or mote