LTE Advanced Vs LTE Advanced Pro-Difference between LTE Advanced and LTE Advanced Pro
This page compares LTE Advanced Vs LTE Advanced Pro and mentions difference between LTE Advanced and LTE Advanced Pro.
• LTE has been introduced in 2012 in order to provide high data rate mobile broadband connection. It has been introduced to provide 10 times faster datarate compare to 3G.
• LTE provides 100 Mbps.
• LTE has been specified in 3GPP Rel.8
• LTE supports carrier bandwidth of 20 MHz
For LTE System features, READ MORE➤
• LTE Advanced is enhancement to LTE with data rate increase to factor of 10.
• It supports carrier aggregation and higher order MIMO techniques.
• It supports data rate of 1 Gbps in downlink (From eNB to UE) and 500 Mbps in uplink direction (From UE to eNB).
For LTE Advanced system features, READ MORE➤
LTE Advanced Pro
• It is enhanced version of LTE Advanced to support higher data rate beyond 3 Gbps.
• It supports increased Bandwidth, increased efficiency and improved latency.
• It makes use of both licensed (400 MHz to 3.8 GHz) and unlicensed (5GHz) spectrum to support upto 32 carriers of 20MHz each.
• It is backward compatible with existing LTE and LTE Advanced devices.
• It makes use of spectrum more efficiently by increasing number of antenna paths as well as multi beam approach. It serves single radio cell with 16 to 64 antenna paths.
• It grows network capacity to about 200% without any additional spectrum or base stations.
• Increased battery life about 10 times than LTE.
Applications of LTE Advanced Pro
Typical applications of LTE advanced pro include following:
• It can be used for mission critical public safety communications
• It provides cost effective connectivity for IoT (Internet of Things)
• It can be closely integrated with 5G which paves the way for programmable world
Following is the tabular difference between LTE Advanced and LTE Advanced Pro.
|Specifications||LTE Advanced||LTE Advanced Pro|
|3GPP Standard Release||3GPP Release 10, 11, 12||3GPP Release 13 and beyond|
|Total carrier Bandwidth||100 MHz, 5 carriers of 20MHz each||640 MHz, aggregates upto 32 carriers each of 20MHz bandwidth|
|Data rate||1Gbps||More than 3 Gbps|
|Latency||10 ms||less than 2ms|
LTE RELATED LINKS
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDMA LTE Cyclic Delay Diversity LTE eNodeB Physical Layer Measurements LTE EPC Network Inerfaces LTE UE Physical Layer Measurements LTE Bearer types LTE UE Event Measurement Reporting LTE RSRP vs RSRQ LTE Signalling radio bearers LTE QoS LTE EPS mobility management states LTE EPS connection management states LTE UE cell selection LTE UE PLMN selection LTE UE Paging Procedure LTE CQI vs PMI vs RI LTE RNTI vs GUTI LTE Security Basics LTE Drive Tests and LTE drive test scanner
What is difference between
difference between LTE and LTE Advanced
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM