IEEE 802.11ax | superfast wifi 11ax standard
This page on IEEE 802.11ax describes features of 802.11ax WLAN standard version.This is known as High Efficieny WLAN(HEW) or superfast wifi.
This standard IEEE 802.11ax is amendment to IEEE 802.11ac standard. It specifies PHY and MAC layer specifications. It is also known as High Efficieny WLAN(HEW) or superfast wifi.
Following are the features of 802.11ax standard compliant devices:
• Frequency Band: 2.4GHz and 5GHz
• Modulation schemes: MIMO OFDM in addition to BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
• No. of spatial stream: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8(as per 802.11ac)
• Channel Bandwidth(MHz): 20, 40, 80, 160, 80+80(unlikely to change from 11ac)
• Advanced technologies: STR (simulaneous transmit/receive), downlink and uplink OFDMA, Uplink MU MIMO, Dynamic CCA
The IEEE 802.11ax is most likely to be used with advanced cellular wireless technologies such as LTE, LTE-advanced. The Wi-Fi alliance is working towards ratifying IEEE 802.11ax standard in the year 2019.
IEEE 802.11 standard related links
IEEE 802 family of standards
802.11 family of standards
IEEE 802.11a PHY
IEEE 802.11b standard
IEEE 802.11n standard
Difference between 11a,11b,11g,11n
Ethernet tutorial Thicknet vs Thinnet Broadband vs Baseband LAN Ethernet over copper Ethernet Business LAN vs WAN vs MAN What is MAC Address Gigabit Ethernet 10 Gigabit Ethernet PHY 40 Gigabit Ethernet PHY 100 Gigabit Ethernet PHY