8086 vs 80286 vs 80386 vs 80486-Difference between 8086, 80286, 80386 and 80486
This page on 8086 vs 80286 vs 80386 vs 80486 describes difference between 8086, 80286, 80386 and 80486. 8086 is the microprocessor released after 8085 microprocessor from Intel. Refer 8085 vs 8086➤ for comparison between the two.
Following are the features of 8086 microprocessor:
• Data Bus Width: 16
• Addressed Memory Size of: 1M
Following are the features of 80286 microprocessor:
• Data bus width: 16
• Addressed Memory size of : 16M
• Clock speed is higher and hence some instructions are executed in as little as 250ns.
• As shown in the figure, 80286 does not have multiplexed address/data bus lines.
Figure-1 depicts pin diagram of 8086 and 80286.
Following are the features of 80386 microprocessor:
• 32-bit data bus and 32-bit memory address
• It addresses up to 4G bytes of memory.
• 80386SX: address 16M bytes of memory.
• 80386SL: address 32M bytes of memory.
• 80386SLC: address 32M bytes of memory.It contain internal cache memory which allowed it to process data at higher rates
Figure-2 depicts pin diagrams of 80386DX and 80386SX.
Following are the features of 80486 microprocessor:
• Data Bus Width: 32 bit
• Address bus : 32 bit
• Memory Size: 4G +16K cache
• The 80486 architecture has been ungraded such that half of its instructions are executed in 1 clock cycle instead of two clock cycles.
• It has 80386 like microprocessor and 80387 like numeric coprocessor.
Following table compares 80286 vs 80386 vs 80486 and mentions difference between them.
|CPU Speed||6 to 25 MHz||12 to 40 MHz||16 to 100 MHz|
|Cache off chip||0||YES (Support)||YES (Support)|
|Cache on chip||0||0||8 KB|
what is difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile