5G Traffic Generator vs 5G Diagnostic Monitor
This page compares 5G Traffic Generator vs 5G Diagnostic Monitor and mentions functional difference between 5G Traffic Generator and 5G Diagnostic Monitor. It explains applications of 5G Traffic Generator and 5G Diagnostic Monitor.
Both are the tools used in 5G lab test set up. As shown 5G compliant UE and NB are connected over the air using array antennas. As shown traffic generators are used to provide traffics for both UE and NB as required to establish data connectivity between them. Test application server software is needed along with 5G traffic generator. Diagnostic monitor is used to monitor logging of messages exchanged between UE and NB.
5G Traffic Generator
Following are the functions applications of 5G traffic generator.
• It is used to measure 5G throughput. It can be used to verify operability of other 5G test cases.
• Traffic can be generated using internal MAC padding or using iPerf.
• The iPerf is a tool which requires configurations on both server as well as client. It uses UDP protocol.
• It measures PASS/FAIL criteria based on average data rate (in units of Mbps).
• Following table-1 lists out iPerf configurations at client/server.
|Configurations||Description with value|
|Packet Size||1418 bytes (IPv4) and 1300 bytes (IPv6)|
|Transmit time||65 seconds|
5G Diagnostic Monitor
Following are the functions applications of 5G diagnostic monitor.
• Diagnostic monitor is used to capture every test session between UE and NB.
• It logs various parameters at 5G NB side and 5G UE side. Following table-2 summarizes the same.
|Item||NB side||UE side|
|Received signal strength||Strength of Signal from UE||DL RSRP/RSRQ|
|Serving cell information||Cell ID/CP/5GARFCN||Cell ID/CP/5GARFCN|
|xPDSCH or xPUSCH configuration||# of antenna, transmission mode, spatial rank, RB allocation, PMI Index, TB size, modulation scheme||-As mentioned in "5G NB Side" column-|
|Physical Data Throughput||Peak, Average throughput BLER||Peak, Average throughput BLER|
|CSI report||CQI/PMI/RI repored from 5G UE||Measured CQI/PMI/RI|
|Beam Information||Scheduled Beam Info.||Beam ID, BSI, BRI|
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial
5G Frequency Bands
5G millimeter wave tutorial
5G mm wave frame
5G millimeter wave channel sounding
Difference between 4G and 5G
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture
LTE Throughput | GSM Throughput Related Links
RF Wireless Test and Measurement Solutions
Test and Measurement Equipments
BER Testing equipments
Agilent T & M Solutions
Anritsu T & M Solutions
Rohde & Schwarz T & M solutions
wireless channel emulator
Vector signal generator
Vector signal analyzer
Power Analyzer Equipments