NI RF Signal Generator and Analyzer Labview VIs-NI RFSG RFSA
This page of labview source code covers NI RF Signal generator (RFSG) and RF Signal Analyzer (RFSA) labview VIs.
National Instruments PXI-567x and PXI-566x are capable of RF vector signal generation and RF vector signal analysis. It operates in the frequency range upto 2.7GHz. The versions of RFSG and RFSA which covers RF frequencies up to 6GHz are also available. The NI RFSG and RFSA can be used for realtime signal generation as per various wireless devices such as WLAN, WiMAX, Zigbee etc. Refer article on RF signal generation and analysis.
RF Signal generator consists of AWG (Arbitrary Waveform Generator) and RF Up conversion modules. RF Signal analyzer consists of RF down conversion and digitizer modules.
NI RF Signal Generator-RFSG
The figure-1 depicts the NI labview VIs involved in this RF signal generation.
Following steps are followed to generate RF vector signal.
• niRFSG Initialize labview VI opens a session to the NI-RFSG device. It will initialize AWG and RF up-converter.
• niRFSG Configure RF labview VI configures frequency as well as power level of RF output vector signal.
• niRFSG Initiate labview VI initiates RF signal generation.
• niRFSG Check Generation Status labview VI monitors RF signal generation status. It also checks for any errors which may occur during RF signal generation.
• niRFSG Close labview VI closes the NI-RFSG session. It de-allocates memory resources used by NI-RFSG instrument.
NI RF Signal Analyzer-RFSA
Following steps are followed to analyze RF vector signal.
• A RF vector signal enters the RF Signal Analyzer module through the INPUT connector.
• The RF downconverter module does frequency translation to IF frequency.
• The IF signal output is passed to the IF digitizer module which filters and provides analog baseband signal. Proper gain is applied to maintain SNR.
• ADC converter converts analog form of the signal to the digital form. • The digital baseband IQ signal is sent to onboard memory and the same has been transferred to the host computer.
The figure-2 depicts the NI labview VIs involved in this RF signal analysis.
Useful Links to Labview Source codes
Refer following as well as links mentioned on left side panel for useful labview source codes.
Hex to Binary labview VI Decimal to Binary labview VI
Number Generator labview VI Binary to Decimal labview VI
Binary number generator modulator-demodulator
FFT up and down sample