Wireless Technology news
D-Link Selected Broadcom corporations™ StrataGX Processor and 5G wifi system on chip for 802.11ac compliant WLAN AP(Access Point)
By integrating Broadcom's System On Chip(SoC) on 802.11-ac Access point D-Link has increased processing power upto 10x and reducing power consumption significantly.
Broadcom is a global leader in providing innovative semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Following are features of processor and WiFi SoC.
StrataGX BCM5301x Features
• Advanced dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor
• Integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch and 10/100/1000 PHYs
• High speed PCIe Gen 2, USB2.0 and USB3.0 system connectivity
• DDR3 memory interface at up to 800 MHz
5G WiFi BCM43460 Enterprise SoC Features
• Dual-band (2.4 and 5 GHz) IEEE 802.11ac draft 3 X 3 compliant MAC/PHY/Radio complete SoC
• Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) technology doubles spectral efficiency
• Fully integrated dual-band radio transceiver supports 3 X 3 antennas for date rates up to 1.3 Gbps
• Explicit Transmit beamforming for best in class rate versus range performance for mobile clients