Millimeter wave coupler manufacturers | mmwave coupler basics
This page covers Millimeter wave coupler basics with technical specifications. It mentions Millimeter wave coupler manufacturers or vendors. It is also known as mmwave coupler in short.
The coupler which operates in millimeter frequency range (i.e. 30 GHz to 300 GHz) is known as millimeter wave coupler.
The coupler will have 4 ports viz. input, output, coupled and isolated (terminated with 50 Ohm). For 12 dB coupler, power at coupled port will have 12 dB power less than input power. The output port will have slightly less power than input port power.
Image courtesy: MECA Electronics
Following equations define various specifications of the coupler. Here P1 is input port, P2 is output port, P4 is coupling port and P3 is isolated port.
Technical specifications of millimeter wave coupler
Following are the technical specifications of the millimeter wave coupler.
• Frequency range of operation (For example:
• Coupling value i.e. 13 dB/15dB/20dB etc.
• Frequency sensitivity (For example +/-1.0 dB)
• Insertion Loss (dB) (For example: 1 dB from 1-20 GHz, 2 dB from 20 to 40 GHz)
• Directivity (dB) (For example: 14 dB from 1-20 GHz etc.)
• VSWR (Max.) (For example: about 1.5 to 1.7)
• Power Ratings (Watts) (For example: 20 Watts)
• Connectors : SMA or any standard ones
Millimeter wave coupler Manufacturers or Vendors
Following table mentions list of Millimeter wave coupler manufacturers or vendors.
|Krytar Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, USA||• The company manufactures couplers in various frequency ranges from DC to 65 GHz.|
|• Waveguide Couplers are manufactured in millimeter frequency range upto 110 GHz and are available as various models WR-42 through WR-10.|
|Vector Telecom Pvt. Ltd.,|| • Crossguide Directional Coupler (3 WG Ports)
• Available in various coupling values 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 dB
• Available upto 40 GHz
|MECA Electronics, Inc. NJ 07834 , USA
|• 12 dB couplers are available for frequencies upto 40GHz with power ratings of 20 Watts.|
| Electromagnetic Technologies Industries, Inc , Boonton, NJ 07005
| • Available in frequency range from 0.5 to 67 GHz
• Offers low VSWR and high directivity
• Available in various coupling values (10 dB/13 dB/16 dB/20 dB/30 dB)
Millimeter wave related links
Coupler Related links
RF Directional Coupler
Mini circuits Directional Coupler
Rat Race Coupler S matrix
advantages of Rat Race coupler
Branch Line coupler S matrix
Directional Coupler Calculator