Vibration sensor Manufacturers | Vibration sensor vendors
This page covers Vibration sensor basics with features of Vibration sensor. It mentions Vibration sensor manufacturers or Vibration sensor vendors.
What is Vibration sensor:
• Vibration sensors are sensors used to measure, display and analyze frequency, displacement, velocity or acceleration. Vibration sensors respond to repetitive mechanical motion.
• Its contacts are normally open and close when it is subjected to vibration in its designed frequency range.
• Mechanical sensors or switches which respond to displacement are best suited for low frequency vibrations. Piezoelectric sensors are sensitive to acceleration and hence are best suited for high frequency vibrations.
• Accelerometers measure acceleration to determine vibration. Proximity sensors are non-contacting sensors which measure distance from a target. It is used in rotating machinery to measure the vibration of the shaft.
• It is used in various applications to prevent further damage in the event of vibrations.
It is also used as shock sensors.
• There are various types of vibration sensors viz. pin and spring type, piezoelectric type, piezoresistive type, chip based piezoelectric, mousetrap, magnetic, mercury, accelerometer, velocity, proximity etc.
• Refer Article on vibration sensor basics and types >> and advantages and disadvantages of vibration sensor >> for more information.
Vibration sensor features
Following are the silent features of Vibration sensor (Model: LDT0-028K) from Measurement Specialties Inc.
division of TE connectivity. It comprises 28 µm thick piezoelectric PVDF polymer film with screen printed
silver ink electrodes, laminated to a 0.125 mm
polyester substrate, and fitted with two crimped contacts.
• It withstands high impact.
• It is used for various applications viz. washing machines, low power wakeup switch, car alarms, low cost vibration sensing, body movement, security systems etc.
• It offers sensitivity from 50 mV/g to 800 mV/g.
Vibration sensor Manufacturers
Following table lists popular Vibration sensor manufacturers or vendors.
|Vibration sensor Manufacturers||Description|
|TE Connectivity|| • Model: LDT0-028K (Piezoelectric strip)
• Features as mentioned above
|Elecrow Technology (Chinese supplier)||• Models: SW-18015P, SW-420
• Vibration sensor module (Pin and Spring Type)
|• 3-Axis Accelerometer ( Model: ADXL335 )
• MEMS accelerometer with low power consumption (350 µA)
• 10,000 g shock survival
• Can be interfaced with ADC of microcontroller.
|Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.||• Model : PKGS-00GXP1-R , Series: PKGS
• Functions as shock sensor (Chip based Piezoelectric vibration sensor)
• G Sensitivity :0.35 pC/G
• Resonance frequency : 31 KHz
• Detection angle: 0 degree
|Hansford Sensors||• Model: HS-429
• Functions as vibration switch or Vibration Trip
• Frequency response: 10 Hz to 1 KHz
• Maximum shock : 100 g
• MTBF: 510 years
|General Electric||• Model: Nevada 3300 XL Series
• Functions as proximity sensor
Basics and Types of Sensors
Proximity Sensor Occupancy Sensor vs Motion Sensor LVDT and RVDT sensor Position, displacement and level sensor force sensor and strain sensor temperature sensor pressure sensor Humidity sensor MEMS sensor Touch sensor Haptic sensor Wireless sensor