Difference between DVB-T,DVB-S,DVB-C and DVB-H
This page on television basics tutorial covers difference between DVB-T,DVB-S,DVB-C and DVB-H systems. DVB stands for Digital Video Broadcasting. The system supports higher resolution and help increase the channel capacity.
• It is the short form of Digital Video Broadcasting-terrestrial.
• Transmission modulation scheme: Coded OFDM
• Transmits compressed audio and video in MPEG format.
• Data modulation schemes used: QPSK,16QAM,64QAM
• Employs external encoder (RS encoder of (204,188) and internal encoder (convolutional coder).
• Uses internal and external interleaver.
• DVB-T uses VHF and UHF frequency channels mainly with bandwidth of 6MHz, 7MHz and 8MHz.
• It is the short form of Digital Video Broadcasting-Satellite.
• Uses MPEG-2 for digital compression and decompression.
• Uses C band as well as Ku band frequencies.
• Digital DBS receiver employs FEC techniques for error correction.
• special satellites are launched for the purpose.
• Uses both LHCP and RHCP polarization types for transmission.
• DVB-S mostly requires smaller antenna in size.
• It is the short form of Digital Video Broadcasting-Cable.
• Uses MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 compression.
• Data modulation: 16 QAM or 256QAM
• Uses RS encoder as FEC.
• Interleaving module is used in the chain.
• Cable TV signal is carried using coaxial cable or fibre cable from cable service providers to the subscribers.
• DVB-C uses frequencies from 55.25 to 403.25MHz.
• It is the short form of Digital Video Broadcasting-Handheld.
• DVB-H uses VHF, UHF and L band frequencies.
• It can exist along with DVB-T system.
• It is one of the mobile TV standard formats.
TV RELATED LINKS
Television basics tutorial
TV channel Frequencies
Cable TV basics
Cable TV channel frequencies
Satellite TV basics
Digital TV basics
Cable TV vs Satellite TV vs Digital TV
DVB-T vs DVB-S vs DVB-C vs DVB-H
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile
wibro vs mobile wimax
Microcontroller vs microprocessor
FDM vs TDM