4G vs 4.5G vs 4.9G vs 5G-difference between 4G 4.5G 4.9G 5G
This page compares 4G vs 4.5G vs 4.9G vs 5G and mentions difference between 4G, 4.5G, 4.9G and 5G wireless technologies. Links to other difference between terms e.g. 2G, 2.5G, 3G, 3.5G are also provided.
Following are the features of 4G wireless technology.
• Standard: LTE 3GPP Rel.8, LTE Advanced 3GPP Rel.12
• Device categories: Cat.4, Cat.1
• Peak Data rate for Downlink: 10 Mbps to 150 Mbps as per standard release
• Peak Data rate for Uplink: 5 Mbps to 50 Mbps as per standard release
• Used frequency BW : carrier Bandwidth 1.4 MHz to 20 MHz
4.5G-Extension of 4G LTE
Following are the features of 4.5G wireless technology. It refers to services which are beyond mainstream
mobile broadband. It is extension to 4G LTE which offers download speeds up to 300 Mbps.
It plays bigger role in emerging IoT markets.
• It is evolution of mobile broadband data rates on paired/unpaired spectrum.
• It enables efficient IoT connectivity.
• It enables mission critical public safety.
• It enables broadcasting over LTE.
• Standard: LTE Advanced Pro 3GPP Rel. 13, Rel.14
• Device categories: Cat. M1 (LTE-M), Cat. NB1 (NB-IoT)
• Peak Data rates (Downlink): 1 Mbps (LTE-M), 170 Kbps (NB-IoT)
• Peak Data rates (Uplink): 1 Mbps (LTE-M), 250 Kbps (NB-IoT)
• Used Frequency BW : 1.08 Mbps (1.4 MHz carrier BW) in LTE-M, 180 KHz (200 KHz carrier BW) in NB-IoT
Following are the features of 4.5G Pro wireless technology.
• It is based on 4.5G.
• It offers mobile broadband data rates up to 1 Gbps.
• It integrates unlicensed spectrum in order to make 1 Gbps available in more areas.
• It lays foundation for 4.9G/5G with 5G-ready radio access.
Following are the features of 4.9G wireless technology.
• It is built based on 4.5G Pro.
• It offers data rates above 1 Gbps and latencies as low as 2 ms.
• It provides way for new services/applications.
• It offers continuous 5G service.
Following are the features of 5G wireless technology.
• Bandwidth: Supports 1Gbps or higher
• Frequency bands: Sub-1 GHz, 1 to 6 GHz, above 6 GHz in mm wave bands (28 GHz, 40 GHz etc.), Refer 5G bands>>.
• Peak data rate: Approx. 10 Gbps
• Cell Edge Data rate: 100 Mbps
• Latency: Less than about 1 ms
Refer 5G tutorial>> for more information on 5G Wireless technology.
Difference between 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee