What is Wavelength Blocker | Basics of Wavelength Blocker
This page explains basics of Wavelength Blocker used in fiber optical domain. It mentions function of Wavelength Blocker ROADM type.
Following are the features of Wavelength Blocker type of ROADM:
• It functions as dynamic channel equalizer. Here max. attenuation provides complete cutoff functionality i.e. it acts as ON/OFF switch.
• It utilizes 'broadcast and select' architecture.
• It is used in long haul networks.
• It has 80 channels with spacing of about 50GHz.
• The ports are colored.
• It is expensive with the limited functionalities offered.
• It is used in older systems.
Fiber Optic Network and Optical Components Related Links
DWDM system basics Fibre optic communication What is PDMA? What is WDM? SONET SDH tutorial SDH Networks SDH Frame structure SDH Modulation PDH Frame structure Optical Components Optical Isolator Optical Circulator Optical Amplifier Optical Filter Optical Coupler Optical MUX DEMUX Optical Equalizer Optical Switch Wavelength converter