What is 5G Radio Dot | Application,features of Radio Dot in 5G
This page describes applications of Radio dot in 5G wireless network. It mentions features of Ericsson 5G Radio Dot.
What is 5G Radio Dot?
The device 5G Radio Dot functions as small cell in 5G wireless network to meet indoor coverage requirements at high speed to provide superior user experience. It is compliant to 3GPP standard and boosts throughput to over 2 Gbps.
It is palm size small base station which can be installed on the roof of house or business premise. It helps in providing 5G coverage to areas where it is difficult for macro radio signals to penetrate.
The image is courtesy of Ericsson AB. It is used for representation purpose.
Ericsson 5G Radio Dot Features
Following are the features of 5G radio dot as claimed by Ericsson.
• It supports new 5G midbands i.e. 3 to 6 GHz.
• It delivers speeds up to 2 Gbps.
• It uses same radio dot architecture with better performance.
• It supports CAT 6A LAN cable.
• New 5G IRU (Indoor Radio Unit) supports aggregate of about 8 radio dots.
• For more information visit youtube video on 5G radio dot.
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial
5G Frequency Bands
5G millimeter wave tutorial
5G mm wave frame
5G millimeter wave channel sounding
Difference between 4G and 5G
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture