Single Hop vs Multi Hop-Difference between Single Hop and Multi Hop
This page compares Single Hop vs Multi Hop and mentions difference between Single Hop and Multi Hop systems. It mentions examples of satellite network and networking system.
Single Hop vs Multi Hop In A Satellite Network
• The figure-1 depicts single Hop and dual Hop (i.e. multi hop) systems used in satellite network.
• As shown to the left in the figure, two earth stations or VSATs communicate through satellite only once for communication in one direction (i.e. either uplink or downlink) in mesh type network. This is known as single hop system.
• As shown to the right in the figure, two VSATs communicate twice through satellite for communicate in single direction. This is star type network. This is more than one time and hence it is called multi hop system.
Information flow uplink direction : VSAT-1 to Satellite, Satellite to Hub Station, Hub Station to Satellite, Satellite to VSAT-2.
Single Hop vs Multi Hop In Internet
• In Internet or any other IP based network packet travels from source IP device to destination IP device through
one or many networking devices (e.g. bridges, routers, gateways etc.).
• When packet travels from source to destination using single networking device, it is known as single hop system.
• When packet travels from source to destination using more than one networking devices, it is known as multi hop system.
Satellite Related Links
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile