difference between Shapefile and Geodatabase | Shapefile vs Geodatabase
This page compares Shapefile vs Geodatabase and mentions difference between Shapefile and Geodatabase.
• Shapefile can be stored as files in a folder.
• Shapefile does not support topology.
• Shapefile supports only one user at a time.
• Geodatabase can be stored in a common file system folder,
a microsoft access database, or a multiuser relational DBMS such as Oracle,
Microsoft SQL server, PostgreSQL, Informix or IBM DB2.
• Geodatabase support topology for check rules, find data errors etc.
• Geodatabase support datasets such as add a network dataset, a geometric network, a terrain dataset, a parcelfabric, or run topology on an existing layer.
• Enterprise geodatabase supports multiuser controls (edit, access, privilege, etc.)
• Enterprise Geodatabase should be used for enterprise GIS systems.
• Refer advantages and disadvantages of Geodatabase >>
It is easy to convert shapefile to geodatabase in ArcGIS.
What is Difference between
GPS vs AGPS
GPS vs GPRS
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile