RF filter Shape Factor vs Bandwidth-difference between Shape Factor and Bandwidth
This page compares RF filter Shape Factor vs Bandwidth and mentions difference between RF Filter Shape Factor and Bandwidth.
• It indicates selectivity of the filter.
• It is the ratio of filter's response at 60 dB to response at 6 dB attenuation as shown in the figure.
• RF Filter shape factor can be expressed by following equation.
• RF Filter Shape Factor = (F4-F1)/(F3-F2)
• Lower the value of shape factor steeper the response of the rf filter.
• Frequency range around center frequency over
which filter can be used efficiently and effectively is known as
• Frequencies above and below the center frequency at which response fall down by 3 dB with reference to center frequency indicates upper and lower limits of filter bandwidth. • RF Filter Bandwidth can be expressed by following equation.
• Bandwidth = F2-F1, Here Fc is center frequency.
RF Filter Related Links
RF RELATED LINKS
stripline basics and types
Microstrip line variants
Slotline basics and types
CPW(Coplanar Waveguide) basics
Types and basics of coaxial line
Types and basics of transmission line
RF Terms-Useful for RF design and testing.
RF-This page describes what is RF
what is difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile