How Ultrasonic cleaner works | How to use Ultrasonic cleaner
This page describes how Ultrasonic cleaner works. It covers working of each of the parts of the ultrasonic cleaner. It mentions step by step guide covering how to use Ultrasonic cleaner.
The ultrasonic cleaning uses ultrasonic frequencies in the range from 20 KHz and above for its operation. It is used to remove variety of contaminants from various parts such as metals, glass, ornaments, ceramics, PCBs etc. It uses aqueous solutions or variety of other cleaning agents for cleaning purpose rather simple water. It does cleaning based on cavitation and acoustic streaming.
Ultrasonic Cleaning Working principle
The ultrasonic cleaner composed of power supply unit, ultrasonic generator, transducer,
radiating diaphragm, metal tank (usually made of stainless steel) and other components.
Let us understand functions of working of ultrasonic cleaner.
• Power supply unit connects ultrasonic cleaner with AC mains.
• Ultrasonic generator converts standard electric frequency of 50/60 Hz into higher frequencies in ultrasonic range (20 KHz to 80 KHz). This transmission is received by number of transducers implanted in the body of ultrasonic cleaner.
• Transducers get energized by the power from ultrasonic generator. Transducers are usually mounted in the bottom or on sides or on both of these places. There are two types of transducers viz. piezoelectric or magnetostrictive. The transducer converts electrical energy at ultrasonic frequency to mechanical energy in the form of vibrations due to bubbles. These vibrations are amplified by resonant masses of transducers.
• These vibrations are directed into liquid solutions with the help of radiating diaphragm.
• The resulting enormous energy release in the metal tank lifts the contamination from the surface and innermost places of the object kept for cleaning.
How to use Ultrasonic cleaner
Following are the generic steps to use Ultrasonic Cleaner of any type.
➨As the manual operating instructions vary with the cleaner type you have purchased; we advice to refer user manual before powering ON the ultrasonic cleaner.
➨Open the top cover or lead and fill the hot water till the fill line.
➨Add the appropriate amount of cleaning solution into the tank as per product you would like to clean.
➨Place items to be cleaned in the tank or basket. Now close the lid.
➨Insert the power cord of cleaner into the socket and switch it ON for about 5 to 10 minutes.
➨Wait till cleaning cycle is over.
➨Now open the lid or cover and take the items out.
➨Rinse the cleaned items with normal water.
➨Use cloth to dry the items.
Ultrasonic Cleaner related links
Refer Ultrasonic cleaner basics>> and Advantages and Disadvantages of Ultrasonic cleaner>> for more information on ultrasonic cleaning.
Sensor RELATED LINKS
Also refer IoT compliant sensors which includes ambient light sensor, optical sensor, gesture sensor, proximity sensor, touch sensor,
fingerprint sensor etc.
Refer Sensors and transducers article which covers types, basic functions and provide links to sensors and transducers. It include temperature sensor, humidity sensor, strain sensor, proximity or occupancy sensor, force or load sensor, voltage and current sensor, pressure sensor, speed sensor, resistance sensor, power sensor, level sensor, event or state sensor etc.
Sensors and Transducers Related Links
Occupancy Sensor vs Motion Sensor
LVDT and RVDT sensor
Position, displacement and level sensor
force sensor and strain sensor