Core i7 vs Core i9-Difference between Intel Core i7 Core i9
This page compares Intel Core i7 vs Core i9 and mentions difference between Core i7 and Core i9 Intel CPU core types.
As we know there are various intel core types used as processor in different computing devices such as laptop, desktop etc. Now-a-days popular intel core types are core-i3, core-i5, core-i7 and core-i9. They are selected based on user requirements such as performance, pricing, power consumption and memory. The same have been compared for core-i7 and core-i9.
Following are the features of Intel Core-i7.
• Code-named : Bloomfield (Nehalem)
• Fabrication: 45 nm
• Instruction set: x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE 4.2
• Socket: LGA 1366
• Bus: Quick path interconnect
• Base clock speed (GHz): 3.5/3.6/4.0/4.3 GHz
• DDR3 RAM
• Chipset support: x58
• It offers best performance.
• cache: 4 x 256KB L2 and 8MB L3
• They support turbo boost and hyper threading.
• It does not have integrated graphics processor.
Following are the features of Intel Core-i9.
• Architecture: Skylake-X
• Base clock speed (GHz): 3.5/3.6/4/4.3 GHz in various models or versions
• Cores/threads: 4/4, 4/8, 6/12, 8/16
• L3 Cache: 6/8/8.25/11 MB
• PCIe lanes: 16/28/44
• TDP: 140W (min.) to 165W (max.)
Following table summarizes difference between Core-i7 and Core-i9.
with Model 7820X X-Series Processor
with Model 7980XE X-Series Processor
|Base Clock Speed (GHz)||3.6 to 4.3 GHz||2.6 to 4.3 GHz|
|Turbo Boost||Enabled, Frequency upto 4.5 GHz||Enabled, Frequency upto 4.4 GHz|
|L3 Cache||11 MB||24.75 MB|
|Memory Support||4 channels DDR4-2666||4 channels DDR4-2666|
|PCIE lanes off CPU||28||44|
|TDP||140 Watt||165 Watt|
ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS LINKS
Transformer basics and types
BJT vs FET
Diac vs Triac
JUGFET vs MOSFET
Analog vs Digital Multimeter
SCR or thyristor
Halfwave rectifier vs Fullwave rectifier
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM