wimax network architecture
This article describes wimax network architecture. It covers SS/MS,BS,ASN gateway,CSN router and more.
As shown in the figure Subscriber station(SS)or MS seeking to enter wimax
network will connect first with Base Station(BS). BS already has been interfaced with ASN gateway/CSN router to provide internet service.
For complete frame exchange between BS and SS read our article on MAC protocol inside.
CSN router is connected with Application service provider which consists of AAA(Authentication,authorization and accounting) server, DHCP server, HA(home agent), DNS server,PSTN and other networks(such as 3GPP). ASN stands for Access Service Network and CSN stands for connectivity service network. For more on gateway and router pl. refer our pages as mentioned in useful links below.
• Between SS/MS and BS- Air interface
• Between BS and ASN gateway- R6 interface
• Between ASN gateway and CSN router - R3 interface
• Between ASN gateway and another ASN gateway- R4 interface
• Between CSN router and another CSn router- R5 interface
• Between Base Station(BS) and BS - R8 interface
Links to WiMAX MAC Layer resources
REG REQ and REG RSP
SBC REQ and SBC RSP
DSA REQ and DSA RSP
DLMAP and ULMAP
WiMAX Ranging Procedure
WiMAX Bandwidth Request procedure
WiMAX Network Entry Procedure
WiMAX CID vs SFID
WiMAX FCH header format
WiMAX TLV Format basics
WiMAX Network Interface types
WiMAX QoS Classes