Satellite Finder Basics
This page covers Satellite Finder basics.It also mentions Satellite Finder application note and vendors of satellite finder.
The device satellite finder is a simple satellite signal meter which is used to align satellite dish antennas with communication satellites available in geostationary orbit.
Satellite Finder application note
Usually satellite finder should provide following features:
• It should provide editing of satellite transponder, LO frequency, polarity and Symbol rate.
• It is very accurate method used for antenna alignment with satellite and to install it.
• It provides signal strength as well as quality display
• It supports DVB-S and DVB-S2 functionalities.
Figure-1 depicts typical satellite finder front panel. As shown in the figure following are the ports/buttons provided on the panel.
1 Signal Input(from LNB)
2 Signal Output(to receiver)
3 DC input
4 UP: Move cursor up
5 DOWN: Move cursor down 11 Buzzer
6 LEFT: Move cursor left
7 RIGHT: Move cursor right
8 OK: Confirm (Enter)
9 EXIT: Exit (Cancel)
Satellite Finder Vendors
Following are the popular satellite finder vendors:
• SATHERO TECHNOLOGY Co ,http://www.sat-hero.com/
Test and Measurement Equipments
Test and Measurement Equipments BER Testing equipments Agilent T & M Solutions Anritsu T & M Solutions Rohde & Schwarz T & M solutions wireless channel emulator Vector signal generator Vector signal analyzer Power Analyzer Equipments Protocol Analyzer