FET applications | Field Effect Transistor applications
This page covers FET applications.This Field Effect Transistor (FET) applications are very useful. FET has a very high input impedance in the order of 100 MΩ for JFET case and in the range from 104 to 109 MΩ for MOSFET case.
As it offers high input impedance, the drawbacks of ordinary transistor having low input impedance can be avoided with the use of FET device in the electronic circuit designs.
• Due to high impedance at input, they are widely used as input amplifiers in various test and measurement equipments
such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes etc.
• As FET devices are voltage controlled devices, they are used in operational amplifiers as well as in tone controllers as VVRs(Voltage Variable Resistors).
• Due to lower intermodualtion distortions, FETs are used in RF mixer circuits employed in TV/FM receivers.
• They are used in amplifier section of FM tuners due to low noise level.
• Due to smaller size, FETs are employed in digital circuits namely memories, computers and LSI designs.
• They are used in low frequency amplifier modules of hearing aids as well as inductive transducers. This is due to addition of small coupling capacitors in the circuit where they have to be used.
FET Related Links
Difference between BJT vs FET basic features
Comparison between JUGFET vs MOSFET
Feature comparison between n-channel FET vs p-channel FET
NMOS vs PMOS MOSFET types
Depletion MOSFET vs Enhancement MOSFET
Microwave semiconductor diodes related links
GUNN diode basics and applications
Varactor diode basics and applications
PIN diode basics and applications
Tunnel diode basics and applications
Schottky diode basics and applications
Microwave semiconductor devices