What is 5G NR Split Bearer | Functions of 5G NR LTE Split Bearer
This page describes 5G NR Split Bearer basics. It mentions functions of split bearer in 5G NR and LTE systems in DC (Dual Connectivity) mode.
Before we understand split bearer let us understand some of the terms related to DC.
• DC: It is Dual Connectivity, which is a technology which achieves wider bandwidths by connecting two base stations in a master/secondary relationship and performing transmission and reception using multiple component carriers (CCs) supported by those base stations. Base station is known as eNB in LTE where as it is known as gNB in 5G NR (New Radio).
• Carrier: A radio signal which is modulated to transmit information.
• Split bearer: In DC, a bearer which is transmitted and received via both the master and secondary base stations.
• MN: In DC, the base station which establishes an RRC connection with the UE. In LTE-NR DC, this could be the LTE base station (eNB) or NR base station (gNB).
• MCG: Master Cell Group
• SCG: Secondary Cell Group
• CN: Core Network
• UE: User Equipment
• MN: Master Node
• SN: Secondary Node
• C-Plane: Control plane which carry signaling information.
• U-Plane: User Plane which carry data or user information.
LTE NR DC Split bearers
• LTE DC (R.12) specifies MCG split bearer to achieve high throughput. Here MN is the split point where
downlink data from CN to UE is transferred by MN carrier or it is transmitted initially to SN node through X2 interface.
Later it is transmitted by SN carrier.
• In SCG split bearer, user data splitting point is configured at SN.
• 3GPP standards for 5G NR (New radio) 38 series
5G NR Numerology | 5G NR Terminology
5G NR Control channels | 5G NR Traffic Channels | 5G NR Reference Signals and sequences
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial
5G Frequency Bands
5G millimeter wave tutorial
5G mm wave frame
5G millimeter wave channel sounding
Difference between 4G and 5G
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture
5G NR Physical layer
5G NR MAC layer
5G NR RLC layer
5G NR PDCP layer
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile
wibro vs mobile wimax
Microcontroller vs microprocessor