WiFi 6E Chip Manufacturers | WiFi 6E SoC Vendors
This page mentions WiFi 6E chip manufacturers or WiFi 6E SoC vendors. The popular manufacturers of Wi-Fi 6E chip are Broadcomm, Qualcomm, Intel etc.
What is WiFi 6E ?
The WiFi 6E extends operation of wifi 6 chips based on IEEE 802.11ax into 6 GHz frequency band. The new chipset offers low latency, high throughput and higher capacity due to more number of channels in 160 MHz bandwidth.
WiFi 6E technology adds up to 1200 MHz of extra spectrum in the existing wifi 6 spectrum. It supports additional seven non-overlapping channels of 160 MHz in 6 GHz band.
WiFi 6E supports different number of channels in various bands for different bandwidths as shown in the figure.
2.4 GHz band : 3 channels (20 MHz), 1 channel (40 MHz), Span : From 2400 to 2483.5 MHz
5 GHz band : 25 channels (20 MHz), 12 channels (40 MHz), 6 channels (80 MHz), 2 channels (160 MHz), Span : From 5150 to 5850 MHz
6 GHz band : 59 channels (20 MHz), 29 channels (40 MHz), 14 channels (80 MHz), 7 channels (160 MHz), Span : From 5925 to 7125 MHz
Manufacturers of WiFi 6E Chipset
Following table mentions WiFi 6E chipset manufacturers with their features and part numbers.
|WiFi 6E Chip Manufacturers||Description|
|Broadcomm||• Model : BCM4389
• First Wi-Fi 6E client chipset in the World.
• Supports tri-band operation and 7 radio chains
• In built Bluetooth 5.0 with MIMO 2x2
• Houses 160 MHz channels
• Offers about 2 Gbps in phones
• Power efficient due to use of 16nm process technology.
• Benefits of BCM4389 : 5x higher throughput, 2x less latency, 5x low power consumption, 2x fast bluetooth pairing, zero Glitch Audio and so on.
• Also available is WiFi 6 chipset (BCM4375) with integrated Bluetooth 5
• Models : FastConnectTM 6700 and FastConnectTM 6900
• Supports Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2
• Speed : 6700 delivers about 3 Gbps and 6900 delivers up to 3.6 Gbps
• Bands : 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 6 GHz
• Applications : 1K/4K enhanced gaming, Ultra HD Streaming
• Supports superior bluetooth audio using aptXTM
• Designed using 14nm process technology
• Offers power savings due to less congestion and enhanced scheduling
• Upcoming WiFi 6E chipset is extension to existing WiFi 6 solutions
• Availability : 2021
• Supports tri bands
• Applications : PCs, Gateways, Home routers
• Model : QCS-AX2-A12
• Supports Tri-band viz. 6 GHz, 5 GHz, 2.4 GHz
• Supports Adaptive MIMO with 8x8 and 4x4 configurations
• Other models : QCS-AX2-T12, QCS-AX2-T8
WLAN 802.11 ax i.e. WiFi 6 tutorial related links
802.11n versus 802.11ax 802.11ac versus 802.11ax 802.11ax wave1 vs wave2 Advantages and disadvantages of 802.11ax BSS coloring in 11ax RU in 802.11ax MU-OFDMA in 802.11ax MU-MIMO in 802.11ax TWT power save mode in 802.11ax EVM specification in 802.11ax 802.11ax Speed calculator
WLAN RELATED LINKS
What is wlan? WLAN standards-11a,11b,11g,11n,11ac 11a WLAN Physical layer 11b WLAN Physical layer 11n WLAN Physical layer WLAN 802.11-ac WLAN 802.11-ad Difference between 11a,11b,11g,11n WLAN router providers WLAN providers
IoT (Internet of Things) Tutorial related stuff
This tutorial section on IoT (Internet of Things) covers following sub topics:
IoT tutorial IoT section IoT article Cellular IoT Components Sensors INDIAN companies Antenna Types Wireless technologies IoT transceiver SoC