Best Pedometers manufacturers | Pedometers advantages, features
This page covers Pedometers basics, best Pedometers manufacturers with features and benefits or advantages of Pedometers.
What is a Pedometer?
• The instrument used by walker or runner in order to estimate distance travelled by counting
number of steps. This is from the fact that distance is equivalent to multiplication of
number of steps with step length.
• Pedometer usually comes in the form of a watch which records foot steps of a person.
• This electronic or electro-mechanical device counts steps based on detection of motion of hands or hips. It usually comes with lithium battery.
• Typically 30 minutes of walk is equivalent to approx. 3000 to 4000 steps as estimated by pedometer.
• Some of the best pedometers deliver results with accuracy of about +/- 5 %.
• Some of the pedometers use GPS receiver in order to measure distance travelled.
• Modern pedometer watches provide more data analysis for users including sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring and more.
• It is widely used by sports and fitness enthusiasts as well as regular walkers.
Best Pedometers Manufacturers
The figure-1 depicts some of the best pedometers manufacturers available in the market. Following table mentions features of these respective pedometers.
|OMRON||• Model: Tri Axis
• It has 4 activity modes viz. aerobic steps, tracks steps, distance travelled and calories burned.
• It has capacity to store 7 days of information.
• It gets reset automatically every day.
• Price: INR 2237
|XIAOMI||• Model: MI Band 2
• It has OLED display.
• It is suitable for bluetooth 4.0, android 4.4 or iOS 7.0 and above versions.
• It provides time, distance, steps, calories, battery status and heart rate measurements.
• Price: INR 1599
|LENOVO||• Model: HW01
• It functions as pedometer and also provides measurement of calories burned and sleep monitoring.
• Compatible with android and iOS devices.
• It is bluetooth enabled and uses OLED display
• Price: INR 1299
|APPLE||• Model: Smart Band (iPhone 7 Plus 128GB compatible)
• It has 0.69 inch OLED display.
• It is compatible with android 4.4 and iOS 7.0
• It provides heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, measurement of calories & distance and also acts as pedometer.
• Price: INR 1498
|FITBIT||• Model: FitBit Charge 2 Wireless
• It is activity tracker and sleep wristband
• It also provides heart rate tracking
• Call, text and calender notifications are also available on OLED display.
• Price: INR 10999
Advantages of Pedometers
Following are the benefits or advantages of Pedometers.
➨They are easy to use by wearing on wrist or hip.
➨They are inexpensive and non-invasive.
➨They are used to measure common activity e.g. walking at schools and workplace as well as regular walkers.
➨Usually pedometers provide measurement of distance travelled on foot. Modern pedometers also provide measurement of energy expended and time. They also provide heart rate monitoring.
➨10,000 steps per day is recommended by most of the pedometers.