Half duplex radio vs Full duplex radio | difference between Half duplex radio and Full duplex radio
This page compares Half duplex radio vs Full duplex radio and describes difference between Half duplex radio and Full duplex radio including principles of operation.
As we know mobile devices such as mobile phones, tablets, radio handsets communicate with cellular networks using EM (Electromagnetic) frequencies. These frequencies are known as radio frequencies. Hence frequencies are the critical resource pools used for communication. These resources are shared among devices using TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) and CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) techniques. These devices are used for commercial as well as military applications.
Half Duplex Radio
• The figure-1 depicts working of half duplex radio system.
• As shown walkie talkie handsets communicate to each other one at a time and not simultaneously.
• This means they can not transmit and receive at the same time. When handset #1 is transmitting, handset #2 can receive and vice versa.
• This type of radio system is known as half duplex radio system.
Full Duplex Radio
• The figure-2 depicts working of full duplex radio system.
• As shown handsets communicate to each other simultaneously.
• This means they can transmit and receive at the same time.
• This is possible due to concept of TDD and FDD.
• In TDD, handsets communicate simultaneously at the same frequency channel but at different time instants. In FDD, handsets communicate simultaneously at two different frequency channels but at the same time instants.
• This type of radio system is known as full duplex radio system.
5G TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
5G basic tutorial
5G Frequency Bands
5G millimeter wave tutorial
5G mm wave frame
5G millimeter wave channel sounding
Difference between 4G and 5G
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee
Fixed wimax vs mobile
wibro vs mobile wimax
Microcontroller vs microprocessor