CP-OFDM vs DFT-S-OFDM | Difference between CP-OFDM and DFT-S-OFDM waveforms in 5G
This page compares CP-OFDM vs DFT-S-OFDM waveforms used in 5G NR and mentions difference between CP-OFDM and DFT-S-OFDM waveforms used in 5G NR downlink and uplink chains.
5G NR CP-OFDM chain
• The figure-1 depicts CP-OFDM waveform. It is used in downlink and uplink chains in physical layer of 5G NR system.
• It is used for high throughput scenario.
• It is intended for MIMO.
• They are like Gold sequences as used in PDSCH.
5G NR DFT-s-OFDM chain
• The figure-1 depicts DFT-s-OFDM waveform. It is used in uplink chain in physical layer
of 5G NR system.
• It is used for power limited scenario.
• It is only used in single layer transmission.
• They are like Zadoff chu sequences used in uplink.
OFDM Related links including OFDM MATLAB Code
Difference between 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G
2G vs 3G-Difference between 2G and 3G
3G vs 4G-Difference between 3G and 4G
Difference between 2.5G,2.75G,3.5G,3.75G,4G and 5G
3G 4G 5G
4G vs 4.5G vs 4.9G vs 5G
LTE vs LTE advanced
LTE advanced vs LTE advanced Pro
5G vs LTE advanced Pro
LTE, 5G TF and 5G NR TECHNOLOGY RELATED LINKS
This 5G tutorial also covers following sub topics on the 5G technology:
What is 5G NR
5G TF Protocol Stack
5G testing and test equipments
5G network architecture
5G millimeter wave
5G channel sounding
What is Difference between
difference between FDM and OFDM
Difference between SC-FDMA and OFDM
Difference between SISO and MIMO
Difference between TDD and FDD
Difference between 802.11 standards viz.11-a,11-b,11-g and 11-n
OFDM vs OFDMA
CDMA vs GSM
Bluetooth vs zigbee