78XX vs 79XX-Difference between 78XX and 79XX voltage regulators
This page compares 78XX voltage regulator vs 79XX voltage regulator and mentions difference between 78XX and 79XX voltage regulators.
78XX voltage regulator
The figure-1 depicts 78XX voltage regulator pin diagram. It is manufactured by Fairchild.
Following are the features of this 78XX voltage regulator:
• It is 3 terminal positive voltage regulator.
• Output current: 1 A
• Output voltages: 5/6/8/9/10/12/15/18/24V
• Thermal overload protection
• Short circuit protection
• Output transistor safe operating area protection
79XX voltage regulator
The figure-1 depicts 79XX voltage regulator pin diagram. It is manufactured by National Semiconductor.
Following are the features of this 79XX voltage regulator:
• It is 3 terminal negative voltage regulator.
• Fixed output voltages: -5V/-8V/-12V/-15V
• Output current: 1.5 A
• Thermal, short circuit and safe area protection
• High ripple rejection
• This IC allows output voltage to be easily boosted above the preset value with a resistor divider.
Useful Interface types Related Links
what is difference between
difference between UART vs SPI vs I2C
Difference between 100Base-T1 and 1000Base-T1
CAN vs TTCAN
CAN vs TTP
RS232 vs RS422 vs RS485 interface
LIN vs CAN vs FlexRay vs MOST
Difference between MOST25,MOST50,MOST150